Genetic stripe litter. Didn't produce - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Genetic stripe litter. Didn't produce

I bred a sunglow jungle to a genetic stripe het albino. Not a stripe in the group.
Can anyone tell me if I should get stripes using this combo? It's a small litter.
This boa came from the same guy my jungle het albino that didn't prove out. And the male I got from him died shortly after receiving. So my head is spinning again from dealing with this guy. Package deal that was to good to be true, WAS.

Rich

Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
JCCS
Most genetic stripes are recessive.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
JPCBoas
I have been working with a stripe line that seems to be proving co-dominat. A lot of work left to do but 8 years in the project. Everything I breed the stripe to produced stripes(het super stripe) and when breed stripe to stripe produced stripes and super stripes. when stripe to super stripe almost 1/2 the litter was super striped.Stripe to stripe produced all stripes

Old 04-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
JCCS
Which is why I said "most". Nice looking stripes, btw.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
JCCS
And are these related to the Jablonski super stripes?

Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #6
JPCBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Which is why I said "most". Nice looking stripes, btw.
Thank you. I do agree with you on the recessive stripe's. Most are

Old 04-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
JPCBoas
Quote:
And are these related to the Jablonski super stripes?
As far as I can tell(and trace back) they are not related. They have a completely different look.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
JCCS
Then I'd be very careful about the wording of "Super Stripe" as Jablonski has been using that one for a very long time. Looking forward to seeing more of these.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #9
JPCBoas
Quote:
Then I'd be very careful about the wording of "Super Stripe" as Jablonski has been using that one for a very long time. Looking forward to seeing more of these.
first off I want to get out I am not trying to get in a pissing match.

the way I understand it is "super" means or is used for the dominate trait.
examples: hypo to hypo = super hypo

Motley to Motley = super motley

ghost to ghost = super ghost

so wouldn't stripe to stripe = super stripe???

The last thing I want to do is step on some one toes on something they named and not miss represent what I have. If I am incorrect I apologize and will try to change the way they are presented.
what are everyone's thoughts??

Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #10
JCCS
I'm not trying to start a pissing match in the least, man. "Super" has been used to describe the homozygous forms of incomplete dominant morphs, yes. But other things have been used as well. In this case, Matt Jablonski long ago started using the term Superstripe to describe his line of animals. This complicates matters a bit. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want my animals confused for his, as this could create unhappy customers if they bought animals from your line, bred them to that line and the two didn't prove compatible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!