Fourth Pairing (2014 Season) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-07-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
Snakesitter
Fourth Pairing (2014 Season)

Last week Living Gems profiled the Picasso-Nephrite pairing, which should produce some wide-ranging oranges this year.

This week, we are profiling the Franklin-Jadeite pairing.

Franklin
Franklin is a male of unknown age with a light yellowish-orange color. Estimated at ten to eleven years old, this is his second year at bat for LGR (he sired a litter of 13 with Agate last year).

Below is a picture of him at arrival at LGR, estimated seven to eight years old:

And here a picture of him at his most recent annual photo session, estimated ten years old:

Franklin currently weighs almost 1800 grams.

Jadeite
Jadeite is a July 2010 female with medium orange color. Now four years old, this is her first year as a breeder.

Below is a picture of her as a baby upon her arrival at LGR at three months old:

And here a picture of her at her most recent annual photo session, aged three years:

Jadeite currently weighs 1926 grams.

Activity
Franklin and Jadeite were observed courting in January and March, and two tail wraps were spotted in April. She has been hugging the heat for six weeks, refused her last two monthly rats, and has started to gain weight. She last shed on June 11. If all goes well, we should have some strong golden to mid oranges toward the end of this year.

As always, thank you for reading.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Helenthereef
I'm getting tired of saying this....Just stunning!

I love how these snakes glow with colour. Good luck with the pairing, I'm sure the results will be sensational.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Scooter1685
I've never had a rainbow of any kind before, but I always enjoy your pictures, Cliff. Such beautiful boas. Best of luck!

Old 08-09-2014, 02:20 AM   #4
Snakesitter
Why thank you, Helen! Looking forward to the little slimers myself!

Old 08-09-2014, 02:20 AM   #5
Snakesitter
Thank you, Scooter. If you ever decide to take the rainbow plunge, please let us know!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:27 PM   #6
Reptile Frenzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1685 View Post
I've never had a rainbow of any kind before, but I always enjoy your pictures, Cliff. Such beautiful boas. Best of luck!
You will not be disappointed if you got yourself a rainbow boa!

Old 08-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #7
Snakesitter
(Can't disagree with that...lol!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!