New Cham owner - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #11
eric adrignola
I don't know - I haven't seen acacia trees for sale, and I don't think they'll do well indoors.

I wouldn't put them together. I am an advocate of keeping chameleons in breedign groups - including veileds. This however, requires adequate territory and space. I find that for veileds to coexist properly, without dangerous chances of fighting, you need a lot of space. I was unable to get veileds to cohabitate in anything smaller than a 12'x8'x8' outdoor cage - seriously.

Put them in the cage you describe, and you're forcing them into each other's territory. They might not kill each other, but they will be stressed. I wouldnt' do it. Besides, you always want to have one cage for each chameleon - except maybe females housed together. If you have a large cage, and want to TRY keeping them together, in the future, when you're able to read their signals and have some experience with their behavior - you still shold have another cage to put the female if things dont' work out.

Chameleons have nice social behavior, but you have to make sure you provide enough territorty to allow them to behave normally. Cram them into a cage, and force their territories to overlap, and you'll cause all sorts of problems.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
perefalcon
so do you think that 2 enclosures of a 6 T 3 X 3 base be adequate?

Old 07-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #13
Dave W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perefalcon
so do you think that 2 enclosures of a 6 T 3 X 3 base be adequate?
Howdy,
Many keepers find that 24x24x48 to be adequate for a full-grown veiled. My Veileds and Panther seem to be content. I also have outdoor setups of the same size that they vacation in on the weekends.

6x3x3 would be nice if you have the room.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
perefalcon
ok I've got pics finally, the darker one is the female, she's only abot 2-3 inches right now, and the male is about 4-5 inches and I've got 2 shots of him

Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #15
perefalcon
what kind of plants are those? Are they Ficus?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #16
perefalcon
HA! I'd NEVER and I stress that NEVER keep my chams in an outside cage, I don't have a fenced yard yet and I'd have every kid in the neighborhood trying to snatch them!!!
I can't wait till I move to the country...I plan on making myself an insulated herp room in the basement or take over the garage

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!