Courtney Gaverth Trade Problem Need Input please.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
Justin Mitcham
Courtney Gaverth Trade Problem Need Input please..

I can't get anywhere with this guy , and I feel I need some input here due to the nature of my problem with this fellow.
Over a week ago I did a trade with this guy..he wanted 2 pair of het. for albino hogs. valued at about 1600.00 they come from my Extreme Red Line and are worth more than most het hogs. I gave him a one month complete health and feeding guarantee on my animals.
He offered:
1.1 greybands
1.1 pueblans
0.1 yearling het hondo
7 Arizona Mountain Kings straight out of the egg
9 Greybands straight out of the egg

I received the snakes in good condition ,I shipped the hogs out the same day. A friend of mine wanted the female greyband, being in shed I left her alone after receiving her and didn't notice she had a bad mid body kink. I shipped her to my friend Earl Turner and he informed me of the kink, I paid for her shipping back and refunded him his payment immediately. I emailed Courtney asking if he could reimburse me for the snakes value since It was originally misrepresented. I asked for 130.00 plus shipping back to him.
I sold the snake to Earl for 130.00 + 35 shipping.
His response is to give me 53.00 credit towards her, but if I make it public I get nothing. So I guess now I get nothing?
Tell me what you think is the right thing to do, I feel since his animals have a one month guarantee I should be given the same consideration. It is my fault for not noticing the kink but the animal was sold to me as perfect in the 1st place. I had to eat 2 shipping bills that run about 70.00, which I believe is my bad but to then take another 130.00 hit because he misrepresented the animal is not what I want..I feel my deal was more than generous and he should correct the mistake since it was not what we agreed to..I come here because I want to know what others opinion are on a deal like this, am I responsible and stuck with the animal since it took me a week to notice the flaw or should he make good on her since I did not get what was promised.
I am considering this a learning experience so I do not let this happen again. I do tons of trades and this isn't the 1st time I have been shafted like this, so I would like to use this opportunity to see what people feel is the right thing to do.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
MRC31
If there was a one month guarantee agreed upon, he should honor it. Was there a dollar figure agreed upon per animal?
If you two didn't agree on a price on each animal he can give you any price he wants. I think it's only be fair to recieve a amount that is fair market value for the snake.
I think it's bullsh t that you get nothing if you go public, it doesn't sound like the kind of person i'd want to deal with.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
courtgaverth
I didnt give him a guarantee of any kind so does this mean that it is open to whatever guarantee he decides? I shipped 21 snakes to him that I values at $1300 and recieved four snakes that I value at $1000 going market on two pair of 100% het albino hogs. I did not notice any bumps on the snake in question, not saying that they werent there, so I shipped everything out first. He recieved them, looked them over as he should, saw that it was a good trade, and shipped my animals out pure and simple. Then he sells the female grey band in question, not noticeing the bump either, to a friend. His friend notices so he takes the animals back. A week after he recieved the animals he tells me about this bump and expects me to take the snake back after I shipped it to him, he ships it to a friend, and ships it back. Thats three times this animal has been shipped in a week and he wants me to pay to have it shipped back and reimburse him for all this. I told him I would give him $50 and he can keep the snake wichs an excellent breeder despite the bump on her back. I valued this snake at $100 so I thought I was being generous at giveing him half. If he would of noticed the bump right away and told me about it, I would of given him full value of the snake and had him ship it with the hets that he had promised me. I have nothing else to say on this subject.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
Justin Mitcham
Sorry to burst your bubble Courtney, But het red albino hogs go for almost 2x normal albino hets run..also I never asked you to pay for shipping to Earl and back, just pay for the snake (please don't make up stuff) and it's return or give me a real compenstation..50.00 on a worthless snake is not fair market nor reasonable compantastion..BTW it is not a bump but a rather large Kink...Earl Turner will post to that respect soon enough..the animal is worthless..So Courtney you do not stand behind your animals do you?
A kink doesn't happen overnite...honestly I don't see how you could of missed it.
So what your saying is that because I didn't find the kink right away that I am not entitled to full reimbursement..only half...What a joke!! And your animals have no guarantee even know I gave you a month guarantee..LOL that is respectable...LOL
This kind of reasoning is why I brought this here ..this guy is a complete joke..

Old 09-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
courtgaverth
I will gaurantee my animals but you cant ship them to another person and have them shipped back and have the gaurantee hold strong. Shipping stressful on animals and three times in a week and then once more the following week will stress a snake out. I will have no part in that so I offered you half value which I thought was fair. And by the way, you told me these were high contrast hets and not reds. You said that they may produce some reds but mosly high contrast. It says nothing on the paper work about 100% red albino but again, you recieved them, liked what you saw, and then sent me my animals. The power was in your hands and I would of given you full price if you wouldnt of sold them to a third party.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
courtgaverth
MRC31,
There wasnt a dollar amount put on this trade. It was purely snake for snake. I also didnt give him a month gaurantee either. I tried to work with him though but he only wanted it his way and I disagreed.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #7
Justin Mitcham
Shipping creates a kink? is that why you won't offer up a reasonable reimbursement?, were not talking about a regurge or won't eat or mites...but a physical spinal deformity...you claim you didn't notice it before shipping to me, but since I didn't noctice it right away you aren't doing anything..what a joke!!
BTW LIAR you offered me the 50.00 before I told you I shipped to Earl. Stating that the reason you only gave me 1/2 is because of that is a true fabrication that I can prove with our emails...

Old 09-18-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
clw22
Removed - Full name violation DThomas

Old 09-18-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
clw22
Removed - Full name violation - DThomas

Old 09-18-2006, 12:08 AM   #10
courtgaverth
Correct, I did offer the 50 to you before I knew about you little deal with the third party but you did still ship it to a third party and then expected and still do expect a full refund. You must of forgot to mention that in your first couple of e mails.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!