Inquiry Russell Marrs- Southwest Exotics in Austin - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
southernserpents28
Russell Marrs- Southwest Exotics in Austin

I have seen this guy vending San Antonio. And has a incomplete website and facebook page. Any info out there on this guy? Good deals, Bad deals, any deals?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Tim Cole
I've been active in the Austin Herp Community for 30 years and have never heard of him.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
southernserpents28
Re

His facebook and website says he has a storefront in austin. There is an address as well.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
snakemanjames
I own the business name in NEW MEXICO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernserpents28 View Post
I have seen this guy vending San Antonio. And has a incomplete website and facebook page. Any info out there on this guy? Good deals, Bad deals, any deals?

I am the owner of Southwest Exotics NM, but I'm based out of new mexico and I've had a lot of people asking me if i'm out of texas as a result of a web search leading to the incomplete website, but other than that, no clue who the guy is.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
LauraB
Michael, is he advertising somewhere? If so, where? If not, where did you hear of him? I never heard of him either, and would like to research further.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
southernserpents28
re- Southwest Exotics

Well, he vends the San Antonio Venomous expo, or at least has vended the past few. Has a banner and cards. Banner, cards, Website, facebook, all have basic info, address to his shop, phone number, email..Seems to me mostly a fish guy that is just getting into herps? Not sure.. Website says he specializes in rare stuff, with a couple pics of pirhana and snakeheads either on the facebook or website, dont rememer, the other has pics of burms and a few other herps laid out across his banner. He has his address listed as a business address, and its in a suite so that may be accurate, however I highly doubt he has a fish store in austin that is full of snakeheads, pirhana, burms, and gilas. Would be great if someone in the austin area has time to check it out, because everthing else about it is blank, he has his name on his website, but you can pull up the business on facebook, but cant find a profile for russell himself.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
LauraB
Yeah, I did find his two (different) Facebook accounts and the website, but didn't see a name anywhere. The 7212 West HWY 71 STE 2A address pulled up Liberty Tax Service as well as Southwest Exotics.

The "swexotics.com" domain is registered to the company name, administrative contact is the company name - no individual's name is anywhere on the domain registry.

I guess if he vends, he's not a phantom, though ...

Old 03-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
southwestexotics
Hey everyone. This is Russell with Southwest Exotics. I am relatively new to the herp business. I have had a booth at the last few San Antonio shows. I primarily deal in fish/aquariums but I am looking to expand a little more into the herp world. My web site is a work in progress. looking to get back to improving it soon.

Russell Marrs

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!