Bad Guy Hurricane Exotics: Adam G. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Mjohnston20
Hurricane Exotics: Adam G.

My girlfriend purchased a gala red female bearded dragon from Hurricane exotics, Adam G. for my birthday with intentions to breed. Upon receiving the dragon we noticed that she had a swollen wrist and about two inches of her tail was bent, and she walked rather odd. We asked him about it and he told us it was all nothing to worry about, she had had it since she was a baby. We trusted his word, but after a short time she stopped eating and began sleeping all the time. After doing some research of our own concluded that she could have MBD (metabolic bone disease) Once again we asked him about it, and wondered if we should see a vet. He strongly discouraged us to do that and told us she couldn't possibly have it. We couldn't ignore what was going on with her and decided to take her to the vet. His diagnosis was that she had a severe case of MBD. I tried contacting Adam G. From Hurricane exotics on several occasions after that and he never replied. He frequently posts to kingsnake and I would like to discourage anyone from buying from him. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
hhmoore
Any chance you've got the person's full name?
A quick look indicated that he is the former owner of Atlanta Bearded Dragons - I found a few positive comments online; but nothing that referenced more than the first name, Adam. His site registration is private, so that didn't help.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
hhmoore
Adam Gentile - I have sent him an email alerting him to this thread.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
Mjohnston20
Yeah after this happened, I searched on line for some kind of review on Adam G, and Hurricane exotics and could find nothing.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
MissFirefly
Were your conversations via email, PM, or Facebook messaging? If so, would recommend posting them here to help solidify your side of the story.

From what you are describing it does sound like a straight forward case of MBD and one that is quite advanced. Luckily, it's not a death sentence but obviously not the breed-able animal you thought you were purchasing. For the breeder to not only claim it couldn't possibly be MBD and advise against a vet visit is atrocious and am glad you ignored his advice.

Don't want to side track this thread but if you want tips/guidance on helping a beardie with MBD please feel free to send me a message. I have rehabilitated several in the last few years.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
aSnakeLovinBabe
I'm not at all saying that this situation is OK or acceptable in any way... but I recently had a transaction with this person as well. When I searched, I could not find anything either, and decided to go with my gut and purchase the GTP I wanted.

In my case, the transaction went well. I actually meant to post a thread about it but never got around to it. I paid for the snake, it was shipped promptly, and I recieved a perfect, very healthy and beautiful GTP.

Having said that.... if Adam shipped you a dragon with MBD, that's not acceptable and the right thing does need to be done. Having had a good transaction with him, I know that it's not all bad with this business and that hopefully he will come through and make it right for you.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Mjohnston20
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Mjohnston20
This was the conversation. He never responded. I sent him a email saying the same thing about the vet visit, and he never responded to that either. I doubt he will make this right, but I'm glad she is out of his hands.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
April Homich
Just out of curiosity, what was the date of the first set of text messages? I was trying to figure out how much time passed between receiving the animal and going to the vet. It sounds like this was obviously an issue when you received her, so I'm not questioning that she was sent in poor health. The seller should really fix this...

Not to put this off topic too much, but am I reading it right that you put her near one of your current males this soon?

Old 09-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
elena
I recommend posting a scan of your vet's assessment. It will really solidify your case.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!