is this a hypo harlequin boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
bear34653
is this a hypo harlequin boa

before u all start running your mouths iam not clamming the pic is mine i just need 2 no wat she is.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
mxracer4life
Doesn't look like the Harlequins that I have seen. Just a hypo IMO.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
polasian
Such inquiries don't belong in the classifieds. I've moved this to the Boa discussion forum.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
mxracer4life
Someone correct me if I am wrong, a Harlequin hypo doesn't happen to have a distinct look to them, its more about the line they came from. A Harlequin is bred to a hypo, thus you have Harlequine hypos, which IMO are just a pastel or cleaned up hypo that came from a certain bloodline. So, I guess what I am saying is, you need to look more into the history of the parents then going off what it looks like. Just my .2 cents.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
jendee
This is my hypo harley

Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
mxracer4life
That is a hypo harly! nice jendee!

Old 05-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
Firebill
Mines not a hypo but it is a Harlequin

I got her and a male from Brendan Magee in early 08. She has definitely been a slow grower as many of my other 07 snakes are almost 2 feet longer than she is. She is a real clean snake though and handles very well. My male looks pretty much like she does except he has some speckles throughout his body. I see Brendan everynow and again and he keeps on saying," you gotta breed those to one another and you'll get some nice boas". Hopefully she'll be big enough next year and i can find out.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
well I'll try not to 'run my mouth' ?!?!
but the only real way to know is to find out what the parents are.
It might be, it might not be, it's a small picture and hard to really see the color. But harlequin is lineage, it MUST have a parent and grandparents that were harlequin.

here's some of my harlequins (siblings, 3 are hypo):

the standout from that litter (I also just like showing her off):

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!