Tub size an probe placement. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
robert7107
Tub size an probe placement.

Just got my C serpents V70 3 tub rack unit in..
I have a few questions.
My three female ball pythons are 900-plus grams 1300 plus grams and 1500 grams there in a 28 quart tub now I'm wondering if it's too soon to put them in the 41 quart..

Next question is since I have multiple rack units do I need to place the probe in a different spot I currently have it on the middle Shelf of the 28 quarts 3 tub unit... I'm not sure if I'm going to stack the units or put them side-by-side since they're different sizes..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Old 10-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
bcr229
Unless your thermostat is a model that can take two inputs from two different probes to handle two different heat sources, you will need a second thermostat for the CSerpents V70 rack.

The three females will be fine in the V70 tubs though I would give them each a hide. Put the water bowl up front and the hide in the back, so the snake can "turtle" the hide onto and off of the heat as needed.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
robert7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Unless your thermostat is a model that can take two inputs from two different probes to handle two different heat sources, you will need a second thermostat for the CSerpents V70 rack.

The three females will be fine in the V70 tubs though I would give them each a hide. Put the water bowl up front and the hide in the back, so the snake can "turtle" the hide onto and off of the heat as needed.
No my thermostat has only one probe but I'm going to run both rack units off of one probe I just want to know where to place the probe whether I put them side-by-side or stack them

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Old 10-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
bcr229
The only way to safely run two heat sources off of one thermostat is if they are identical. If the racks have different lengths of heat tape or a differing number of levels, one will be too hot or too cold.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!