anyone keep dwarf seahorses? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 09-03-2004, 04:11 AM   #1
TooManyBurmese
anyone keep dwarf seahorses?

I am looking into getting them, but there is very little information out there on them.....

Old 09-17-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
Karmic
I've kept dwarfs before. They are soo cute! They mostly have to eat live baby brine shrimp. Very few will take frozen, though some people have had success. Check out syngnathid.org for all things seahorse related. They are a super helpfull bunch of people. Also check out Alisa Abbot's book about dwarf seahorses here . She is the dwarf seahorse queen. I kept the little guys before the book, back when she wasn't so busy and was on the seahorse boards alot.

HTH and I'll have to remember to check this board more! I'm usually lurking over on the leo board.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #3
Sand&SunReptile
Seahorses?
What happened to the Lucy Rats?

Old 09-19-2004, 07:51 PM   #4
TooManyBurmese
Wow thanks so much for the information

I am setting up a brine shrimp "farm" before I even get the horsies in, so hopefully I will have it down pat by the time I get them.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:08 PM   #5
Karmic
Good Luck! They are the coolest little critters!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #6
Karmic
I couldn't resist posting another pic. The one above is a male. This is his daughter,
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
TooManyBurmese
Melissa what kind of dog is that in your avatar? I would say it's an Aussie, but he has pointed ears? Adorable doggie!
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2004, 05:05 PM   #8
TooManyBurmese
Here is the other girl, sorry I love showing them off hee hee
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #9
jenn_jeffery
Danni, in case Melissa doesn't see this post...

I would guess it's a Corgi puppy, I would GUESS it's a Cardigan Welsh, and not a Pembroke, but I could easily be wrong on that...he/she is adorable though!!

My four...
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #10
TooManyBurmese
Hey Jen Corgi... yeah but I have never seen them in that color Very pretty dog. I was also going to guess Aussie Cattle dog.

You have some great looking dogs yourself! Now I don't feel like the only one with four dogs hee hee.

Here is my rottie mix
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!