it's looking good - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Karen Hulvey
Sounds like you're doing great. One thing, however, PICTURES! I need pictures. I have only bred bettas once and only ended up with 23 living. Right now I have a ton of convict babies but, of course, they breed like mice.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #12
Dennis1
Yes pics would be nice
especialy of the Cambodians when you get them in

Old 10-30-2005, 09:07 PM   #13
techgirl
i have hikari's first bites and i bought a brine shrimp hatchery. so that will be the start. dad is doing a good job taking care of eveyone. i've already got so many people at work that want one (males of course) in a day or two i know daddy has got to come out and then we'll see how i do with all the fry. thank god i didn't wind up with hundreds the first time. this gives me a good base for gaining experience.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #14
techgirl
as for the pics, the digital camera i have is on the fritz. so no pics for now until i can fix it and then figure out how to shrink them down because they won't take them at their regular size on this site.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #15
Dennis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgirl
i have hikari's first bites and i bought a brine shrimp hatchery. so that will be the start. dad is doing a good job taking care of eveyone. i've already got so many people at work that want one (males of course) in a day or two i know daddy has got to come out and then we'll see how i do with all the fry. thank god i didn't wind up with hundreds the first time. this gives me a good base for gaining experience.
Im not familiar with Hikari's Bites but as long as its says its good for newly hatched fry it should be good
However when feeding the baby brine make sure you rinse them well before putting them in the tank
Bloodworms are good also

Quote:
as for the pics, the digital camera i have is on the fritz. so no pics for now until i can fix it and then figure out how to shrink them down because they won't take them at their regular size on this site.
When you get your camera fixed If you are using XP just use the edit button on the pic veiwer then click the image button ontop then strech and skew then play with the strech options till you get it right usually where it says 100% change to 50% Ect...

Btw what other pets do you have?

Old 10-31-2005, 05:08 PM   #16
techgirl
the question would be what i don't have. lol. i have 2 dogs, a cat, 55 gallon freshwater and a ball python(2 footer). i had a bird but i developed severe allergies and asthma to it so it had to go. still on meds and recovering from that. apparently the bird was enough to push everything over the edge. never had allergies or asthma before this.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:48 PM   #17
Dennis1
LOL...Sounds like a zoo
That sux about the asthma!

Old 11-02-2005, 08:27 PM   #18
techgirl
Question

just a quick update on the brood. it's day 5 for the newborns and they look like they are doing well. looks like about anywhere from 15 to 20 swimming around. right now they seem to be eating the first bites and daphnia well. i just started to hatch the brine shrimp so they should be happy. i had to get a small sponge filter because the one i had was too strong for the tykes. the only concern i have is that the water looks like it needs to be changed. how do i go about doing that without harming them? the water looks a little dirty. i'm trying not to overfeed.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #19
Dennis1
Quote:
just a quick update on the brood. it's day 5 for the newborns and they look like they are doing well. looks like about anywhere from 15 to 20 swimming around. right now they seem to be eating the first bites and daphnia well. i just started to hatch the brine shrimp so they should be happy. i had to get a small sponge filter because the one i had was too strong for the tykes. the only concern i have is that the water looks like it needs to be changed. how do i go about doing that without harming them? the water looks a little dirty. i'm trying not to overfeed.
I wouldnt change the water unless it absolutely needs it! And even then i would only do miniscule changes for the first few weeks
If you really have to, Use a airline tube to siphon out the mess at the bottom of the tank and be hesitant on replacing the water,Use aged water,same temp and no more than 10% water change for their first month
Im glad you are using a sponge filter, Its probably a little late to tell you but i liked to use seasoned ones in all my fry tanks when i was breeding fish
The first few weeks are the most dangerous for the babies after that thier Labyrinth organ has developed and they are more tolerant of changes in their enviroment

You got me wanting to get some more fish...lol

Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #20
techgirl
lol dennis. when i get better at it and possibly acquire better fish than the ones from the store then maybe we can talk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!