Chuck Tornetta from NJ - Classic bait and switch - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamm
You didn't get what you paid for,file a dispute with Paypail.
PayPal doesn't care - all Chuck will have to do is give them a tracking number, and they will close the case.
If he paid via credit card, though, he can file his dispute with them.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #22
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamm
You didn't get what you paid for,file a dispute with Paypail.
I wanna make sure to make the correct move with Paypal---because they aren't the greatest for "non-ebay" purchases---from what I have read. Once you file --- and they rule---its over.

I would like a voluntary refund!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
PayPal doesn't care - all Chuck will have to do is give them a tracking number, and they will close the case.
If he paid via credit card, though, he can file his dispute with them.
I used a credit card through Paypal. Would that work?

I'm in no hurry except to get my money back---and get these girls eating. !

I think it's too soon for me to offer food right now since I just received them.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #24
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvite
I used a credit card through Paypal. Would that work?
Yes. You can go straight to your credit card company and bypass PayPal completely to get your refund.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #25
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Yes. You can go straight to your credit card company and bypass PayPal completely to get your refund.
I believe, and I'm not 100%, that initiating a charge back through your credit card violates the terms agreed upon when you signed up for an eBay account. Doing so may cost you your ability to use PayPal in the future.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
I believe, and I'm not 100%, that initiating a charge back through your credit card violates the terms agreed upon when you signed up for an eBay account. Doing so may cost you your ability to use PayPal in the future.
Should read "violates the terms agreed upon when you signed up for an PayPal account..."

Old 07-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #27
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Should read "violates the terms agreed upon when you signed up for an PayPal account..."
an=a

typing with a wiggly 9 month old on your lap is never a good idea...

Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #28
mvite
Ah---- I appreciate the help here.

I will sit tight for now. Its not like I'm losing more than I've lost already. It won't get any worse by waiting-- for me.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #29
Serafim
If the items were not as described Paypal will "investigate" and most likely find in your favor. But I understand you would like Chuck to refund the money. Good luck with that...

Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #30
mvite
I'm pretty sure that Paypal does nothing as long as the scammer can provide a valid shipping number. (For non-ebay purchases)

Do you think Paypal has gram scales to actually find out what's up?

I have been dealing with Paypal since the early 2000's <ah....reflect on old age>

I haven't had any problems with Paypal---ever. But I know that dealing with herpin' scum is different. I see it here every day. I've used it with ebay and reputable sellers---but I don't want to close myself out by filing incorrectly with Paypal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python breeder, boa, kingsnake, reptile