Need help identifying bogus seller (dale and valerie of NH and MA) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #31
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
You sold the missexed BP, end of story.
I hate to agree with Ed Clark about anything, but I do here. You no longer have the animal in question so the issue is moot. This doesn't change the fact that you were screwed, but you made the decision to accept what you had and sell it. As far as I am concerned, the transaction is now completed.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #32
Thomas E
Have to say, it seems that way to me as well. I can pretty much guarantee though not many people will deal with them after reading this.

I personally saw them viewing this thread as well and they made no attempt to speak up. I can only figure that means everything happened just as you said it did. Bad guy status is very clear in my mind..

Old 08-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #33
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphie
Further, since i got 50 bucks for the male, I'm only demanding a refund of the remaining 100 dollars.
Once you sold the animal to someone else, you lost any possible entitlement to a refund. You no longer have the animal to give back to them in order to complete your part of a refund transaction - assuming they would even go through with the refund process of giving you your money back in exchange for the return of the snake. You can't expect to get a refund and then also get to keep the snake to sell as you please - doesn't work that way.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #34
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I hate to agree with Ed Clark about anything, but I do here. You no longer have the animal in question so the issue is moot. This doesn't change the fact that you were screwed, but you made the decision to accept what you had and sell it. As far as I am concerned, the transaction is now completed.

Well said Jim.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #35
Morphie
What you guys say makes sense. I guess i have to own up to my mistake (selling the snake) and accept the loss (even though it appears the loss has been on the menu all this time, and so now i get to eat it... cold).

Bloody irritating as it is, i guess it's better to let it go at a loss of 100 bucks than one of a great deal more money pursuing this in small claims court in the event that the judge has a similar opinion on the matter. I could get the snake back since I know who he went to, but the new owner really loves him and don't want what they did to hurt anyone else.

The moral of the story is: Don't deal with Dale Landon or his wife Valerie. If something goes wrong, you'll get the run around until you just can't run anymore.

c'est la vie

Old 08-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #36
KathyLove
Looks like you unfortunately lost out on this deal. But you could come back once per month or so with an update on the lack of progress of the seller making things right. That will keep bumping it to the top so people won't forget that they shouldn't deal with this couple. At least that is a free and easy way to keep their status fresh. It probably won't cause them enough trouble to make amends, but you never know...

Old 08-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #37
bigevilherps
One thing she seems to forget I got screwed too I was told by a vet it was a female it was not my regular vet but he is my vets partner so I took his word at it as for why I still have the vet check the sex of my snakes after 20 years of doing this well mistakes happen and aparently they do with vets also I am a small hobby breeder who works 14 to 16 hrs a day and have 4 kids to spend time with and support I tried to settle this with her on my last day off aug.3rd true I didn't send her my new address for this reason alone she posted my former address and I think if I did pay her she would have done this anyways anyways this is what I have to say for myself so everybody have a nice day

Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigevilherps
One thing she seems to forget I got screwed too I was told by a vet it was a female it was not my regular vet but he is my vets partner so I took his word at it as for why I still have the vet check the sex of my snakes after 20 years of doing this well mistakes happen and aparently they do with vets also I am a small hobby breeder who works 14 to 16 hrs a day and have 4 kids to spend time with and support I tried to settle this with her on my last day off aug.3rd true I didn't send her my new address for this reason alone she posted my former address and I think if I did pay her she would have done this anyways anyways this is what I have to say for myself so everybody have a nice day
If all you do is make excuses no one will buy from you in the future. Maybe your vet did make an error; but the buyer should not suffer for it.
You should not come on here trying to absolve yourself for a problem that went on wy too long, you should come on here trying to problem solve so your next possible buyer doesn't wonder whether they are going to get what they paid for and if they don't, what kind of customer service they are going to get if they have an issue with the sale.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #39
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigevilherps

You should look into sending another female ball python, minus the price of the male that would have been sent back to you. I think this is fair. I think it would help your case greatly. Besides... In the end, is a reputation REALLY worth losing over a single transaction? If you are breeding these animals, i hardly doubt that females, normals of all things, are hard to come by....

Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #40
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
i hardly doubt that females,
Should read - "I highly doubt"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!