Need help identifying bogus seller (dale and valerie of NH and MA) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #41
KathyLove
I do all of my own sexing. Although I am very accurate, I have made mistakes on occasion. If I am convinced that I made a mistake, it is up to me as the seller to make it right. Whether I am the buyer or seller, I always check the sex of everything I am buying or selling just before or after the transaction. That way, any mistakes can be fixed promptly. But in general, I feel the seller should be held to a higher level of professionalism because we are getting paid for our expertise, while the purchaser may be looking for his first pet.

So if you made a mistake (or whomever you trusted to do your sexing made a mistake), it is still up to you to make it right. The buyer did sell the animal in order to cut losses, when it seemed that a refund would never happen. That may have erased your legal obligation, but not your moral obligation. Why should the customer have to pay for your vet's mistake? Perhaps you could offer another female - one which you may have less than $100 invested in, but which may be worth at least $100 to the customer. Then you could put this behind you, knowing you did the right thing.

In the future, you should have a time frame that customers have to determine sex and health. If the sex is important to them, they will check it within the time frame guarantee, or it will no longer be your problem.

I hope you are able to come to an agreement so that your customer won't have to keep bumping this topic up to be read over and over again by all.

Good luck to both of you in resolving this.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #42
Morphie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigevilherps
One thing she seems to forget I got screwed too I was told by a vet it was a female it was not my regular vet but he is my vets partner so I took his word at it as for why I still have the vet check the sex of my snakes after 20 years of doing this well mistakes happen and aparently they do with vets also I am a small hobby breeder who works 14 to 16 hrs a day and have 4 kids to spend time with and support I tried to settle this with her on my last day off aug.3rd true I didn't send her my new address for this reason alone she posted my former address and I think if I did pay her she would have done this anyways anyways this is what I have to say for myself so everybody have a nice day
If you paid me I would have told everyone that you did, and I wouldn't have had any need to post here in the first plac
AT NO POINT during this whole thing have i lied. It's strange that you have no contest with the things i've told everyone but you assume that i'm some malicious entity none-the-less.

"for this reason alone" is crap. That was like, the 4th or 5th time you'd told me you'd get back to me and then you never did. SORRY, but some people learn after the 4th time they touch a hot stove that the stove is hot, and it's not going to change on the 6th or 7th time either. You gave me NO evidence that you were the least bit serious about what you said you were going to do to fix it.

Stop making excuses! either fix it, of your own accord, make some effort, own up to your mistake (at which point i'll tell everyone you did fix it) or live with your damaged reputation. No one is going to tell you that what happened is ok and you're not responsible, because that's not how it is.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #43
Morphie
Quote:
One thing she seems to forget I got screwed too
and how the effing hell did you get screwed?!? You got 150 bucks for a MALE NORMAL. True everyone knows the story and you're looking pretty bad at this point, but you had almost an entire era of opportunity to fix it. I warned you weeks in advance that I was going to post my story here if you didn't get on the ball and show some initiative, but all you could give is false promises.

HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU GET "SCREWED"?!?

Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #44
Chameleon Company
Been peeking at this for days ..

And am in agreement with Jim O., Ed Clark, etc. that your legal claim, or claim to even $100 difference, evaporated with the resale of the animal. However,

Quote:
Jessica writes:
What you guys say makes sense. I guess i have to own up to my mistake (selling the snake) and accept the loss (even though it appears the loss has been on the menu all this time, and so now i get to eat it... cold).
I don't think it was a mistake. I think it was likely the best you could do. You now have the influence of posting here to get some satisfaction, maybe even some money.

I am also not one to endorse the concept that the seller is eternally responsible for a mis-sexed animal. There is cause for a claim of anything improper to have a timeliness component. It is nice when it is well defined. I think the seller has an obligation to include proper sexing in a satisfaction guarantee, or require it be addressed in a specific time-frame, in which the buyer must verify it or be stuck with it if wrong. Not saying a good selller won't go the extra mile, but all aspects in a transaction can be rightfully agreed upon in advance. Honest mistakes happen. At other times, the seller may communicate prior to sale that due to difficulties in sexing, age of the animal, or their own inexperience with the species, they are not fully sure of sex, and rightfully restrict any claim of improper sexing to a time limit. With importers and jobbers this is common. I raise these points only because sexing guarantees were discussed in general earlier in this thread.

Regardless of the above, the seller does not look good here. The problem was not well handled, and the excuses offered here, especially the "I was screwed too" stuff, is just lame. Big Vil ... HELLO ... you still got the money !!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #45
Morphie
well, he's online, and he's read all the replies, and he has nothing to say.

I don't know why i keep allowing myself to have an inkling of a hope that he's going to fix this disaster. it really is silly at this point.

I will keep you all updated every once in a while and let you know that he (still) hasn't fixed my problem. If the apocalypse occurs and I get some compensation for my trouble, i'll be sure to let you know that too, but for now i guess i'm done with this thread.

*hugs Bubbles* (the one good female i did get out of this 450 dollar deal).

Old 08-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #46
DJSlurp1200
Hopefully this gets worked out for you Jessica and I hope the female you do get is the same size as the male was when you sold him considering you fed, housed and cleaned up after that animal for as long as you could until you did sell him.

Normal females are not hard to come by, especially since most breeders are swapping out their normals for co-dom/dom females...

Again, I just hope it all works out for you and you get everything resolved... Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #47
David Reid
I see it this way:

The seller made a mistake sexing the snake, and sold a male as a female. Let's just assume it was a mistake, and not done on purpose. A normal male is worth next to nothing, so even though the buyer sold the male for $50, she basically bought an animal that should have had SOME value, got an animal with basically NO value, sold it for $50, because the seller was not doing anything to rectify the situation. She should get to keep the $50 and get a small female maybe. To give her nothing, because she could spot the deadbeat miles away, after not returning her emails and calls, is HER fault? How much gas $$$ is involved, assuming you could have taken the male back? Send her a freakin normal female, how hard is that? Way to teach your 4 brats how to own up to your mistakes Dale...loser!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #48
bigevilherps
Speaking of loosers david why did you bring my kids into this you can bash me all you want but leave my kids out of it ok its uncalled for I guess I should expect that from a west coast asshole like you I will resolve this and I told jessica that in my last email to her so how's about you kiss my ass I hear you california boys like shit like that

Old 08-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #49
kmurphy
Quote:
Way to teach your 4 brats how to own up to your mistakes Dale

I have to agree David, this was uncalled for. Makes you look pretty small. IMO.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #50
Serafim
Quote:
Speaking of loosers david why did you bring my kids into this you can bash me all you want but leave my kids out of it ok its uncalled for I guess I should expect that from a west coast asshole like you I will resolve this and I told jessica that in my last email to her so how's about you kiss my ass I hear you california boys like shit like that
Actually Dale you brought your children into all this by using them in your excuses... Nobody would have known you had them had you not said anything. Not excusing what david said but people are going to say worse if you do not fix this. Can't you agree to something out in the open so others can see your offer..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!