DTS HERPS INC INQUIRY - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #91
Dan Scolaro
David, I met the terms of sale on every transaction and extended the guarantees for new animals and refunds so the complaints are BS.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #92
greatlakesreptiles
waste

what a waste of good oxygen. i think he is just a attention whore .how can you make money giving all the so called refunds ? must be eating Ramon noodle steakes big seller little profits

Old 08-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #93
greatlakesreptiles
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
David, I met the terms of sale on every transaction and extended the guarantees for new animals and refunds so the complaints are BS.
.................................................. .........................................so what your saying is you pay off the complaints so they are bs what your really saying is some win some lose .....what a piece ov crap

Old 08-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #94
Dan Scolaro
Take some cooked Oodles of Noodles and mix in in a table spoon of olive oil, 1 can of minced clams, sprinkle on italian seasoning and pepper and you got yourself a good meal my boy.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #95
Dan Scolaro
Yea, I accepted a loss when I went beyond the terms of the sales and issued refunds to the irrational and wacko customer - but will stick to the terms from now on.

But I still have change for noodles.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #96
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
I thought you were done posting here?
Yeah, I know...couldn't help myself. Every time I look at this board I see another post from Dan, so had to throw that out there...it may have been a different story if any of the posts were intelligent in any way...I'm still wondering who exactly is in charge of deciding what qualifies a complaint as "legitimate".

Old 08-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #97
David Reid
Dan, I usually sell only what I produce. I breed Ball Pythons, and have one pair of Albino Boas, but 99% of my sales are Balls. Once you get the babies to start eating, I am not going to say Balls are bullet proof, but they pretty much are. So my "product" is Captive Bred, and healthy to begin with, and I have never had a complaint. I have had one Pastel Ball die about two months after the new owner got it, and I offered a replacement when I hatched out some more. This person has never emailed me back, and I no longer have their email since my old computer got a virus and I pulled the plug on it, but if they email me, and I have Pastels, they get one free of charge. My point is, if you sell WC, you BUY WC, which is money out of your pocket, and if they die once you sell them, or before, you are on the hook for money out of your pocket. I would not take that chance, which is why I am just a lowly breeder, and sell what I produce. Sure, I only hatch about 30 Balls a year, but if you are lucky enough to buy from me, I stand behind EVERYTHING I sell, because chances are high, that I produced it. It is easy to sell a Pastel and replace a Pastel from a different clutch, or the next year, if there is a problem. I had only food into them, I did not buy them to resell, so I am really not out anything but the possible sale of the replacement Ball. I guess what I am saying in all of this, if you deal with WC animals, you are probably going to have a large number of unhappy customers. You are probalby going to be expected to make many deals right, after animals have died. Chances are, some are not going to be your fault, some might be, but you chose to deal with WC, you need to accept the repsonibility of the sale, the health of the animals, and the expense of replacing any dead animals. If you cannot accept that, you might want to consider selling only CB animals, OR, make a big, huge disclaimer, that says, WC animals sold without any guarantee.

Dave

Old 08-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #98
Dan Scolaro
Legitimate means the seller met the terms of purchase.

Additionally, in all of those bogus complaints I met the terms of the sale - never a single complaint of a sick animal or DOA in thousands of shipments. NOT A ONE.

Furthermore, I extended the guarantee to provide replacements and refunds.

Got it?

Show me where I did not meet the terms of the sale and extended them and you get a bowl of lingiuni with white clam sauce.

Otherwise dig a hole and stick your head in it.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #99
Dan Scolaro
Dave, I did accept the responsibility of shipping wc animals. Show me where I did not? They come with a live arrival guarantee and have sold thousands of wild caught reptiles and never received a legitimate complaint about them. For all I know that viper boa dude was high on crack and cooked them on a heat pad? I offered replacements for 12 dollars each and he refused to accept them so sue me for my generous offer.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #100
David Reid
Dan, I would be interested to see how many WC animals that you shipped, are still alive and thriving? Not picking on you, but WC animals are very fragile, and most people that buy WC, not all, but MOST, are probably new to reptiles, and might read up on a Boa, Columbian, see you have a Boa, Viper, and assume they need the same caging and all. I dont know man, I would say, make it abundantly clear that any WC animal is probably going to need meds, might have ticks, etc. Viper boas are known for not eating, and it SHOULD be your job to keep a non eater, and let anyone getting them know they eat, what they eat, etc. If you sell off a non eater as an eater, just to make a buck, that is shitty! If you decide to buy a group of wc vipers, you should sell only feeders. Make the price high enough on feeders to pay yourself back for all the non feeders you need to keep, and that might not make it. Selling wc that you pay cash for, it can be tempting to sell less than stellar animals to make some of your money back, or cut your losses.

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!