American Rodent Supply - Great service - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #21
Roy Munson
I usually use The Mouse Factory, but they're having supply problems with some mouse sizes. My last order was with American Rodent Supply. Brian was a pleasure to deal with, and I was happy with my order. The snakes didn't seem to notice the difference either...

Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #22
KJUN
I ordered from them once - and I doubt it'll be twice. The sizes were VERY variable. The average size on adult mice was within the range of weanling mice, small adult mice contained 9 gram mice (that is not a typo), etc. To say I was displeased would be an understatement. I don't even check their website when I need rodents any longer. i did get a partial refund without much hassle, but I still had a couple thousand mice in the wrong sizes that needed to be "graded" EACH time I fed my snakes.....and I had to place an order immediately with another company that packaged things according o listed sizes. We also got the wrong quantity, but that was refunded immediately. There was NOTHING to really complain about on that mistake.

What got me the most angered was that when we complained about the size problem, we were told "yeah, you can't really trust the sizes written on the bag." Maybe he meant "quantity" written on the bag? I don't know, but either statement is a little horrifying.

The quality was par (better than rodent pro on packaging, rather equal to mice direct, and NOT as good as bigcheese), so I would have ordered from them again. I can't, though, because I NEED to know the size of a rodent BEFORE I defrost it - and I need to know the quantity of certain sizes I have in the freezer. Those bags were guess work on what was really in them, and that just doesn't work here.
KJ

Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #23
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't get a ship notification or any means to track...so I didn't know when my shipment would arrive. I found the box sitting outside my door when I took the dogs out before work. Everything was still frozen solid (and luckily, my one freezer was empty enough to make the unloading fast and simple)
That's strange. I've always gotten a phone call from Brian telling me when it shipped, and when it should arrive. Granted, the greyhound service is best for me, so that's the method I use, but he has called me each time.

I don't doubt you, but my experience is just the opposite so far. My next order is on the way soon. I'm sure it will be satisfactory.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #24
FunkyRes
Just did another order with RodentPro - first time using Greyhound (too many rodents for UPS)

Got both an e-mail and phone call letting my know they had shipped.
While they arrived just fine - I probably will just pay the extra money to do multiple UPS boxes next time. Nothing to do with RodentPro - everything to do with Greyhound.

The arrival time at Greyhound was 2:00. Unfortunately, my local Greyhound closes at 2:30 and doesn't open again until evening - so if I called ahead, they would have been closed by the time I got there. So I went in at 2:00. The package did not come in.

It did come in on the Bus that arrives at 11:30 PM - but again, Greyhound closes at night shortly after that Bus arrives - so I had to wait until morning to go get them.

They were well packed, two boxes inside one bigger box. The bottom box still had plenty of dry ice - the top box, one of the dry ice slabs had completely vanished and the second was close to vanishing, so while the mice in that box were still frozen, it was close. Not worth the few bucks I saved to risk delivery of a thawed mess, especially with the hassles of local Greyhound hours of operation.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #25
MohrSnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyRes
Just did another order with RodentPro -
Yeah...but this thread is about American Rodent Supply.....:sidestep:

Old 08-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #26
FunkyRes
doh!
I'll repost in the appropriate thread.
I know the policy here is not to delete anything, but mods - I really don't mind if you delete mine.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #27
PuffDragon
I gave American Rodent a try and few weeks ago. The online ordering and automated email system was very effective. I did not have to speak to anyone to know my package was coming. It shipped out Monday like the website terms said it would and arrived the next day! Very fast turn around. All the mice and chicks came in completely frozen, correct count, no broken limbs and uniform in size. I am very pleased with my transaction with ARS. I fall under the free shipping area so I saved a ton. I will definitely be ordering from them again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!