super bearded colors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
mikepanzarella
super bearded colors

im starting to see alot of ad's for dragons that are super tangerine or super citrus ect ect is this just a marketing tactic or are these really super forms
i can understand if you breed a red x red and get a dragon with more red but is that really super
thanks mike

Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Ed Clark
A super form can be expressed by breeding 2 co-doms together such as 2 italian leathetrbacks the resulting super form is the silkback.

You can not produce a super form by breeding 2 recessive dragons together such as citrus x citrus or translucent x translucent.

In my opinion it is a marketing ploy used by some.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
mikepanzarella
yeah seems that way i figured it was a way to describe dragons with higher colors
but i didnt know the color phases were recessive thought only hypo and trans in dragons were recessive (not including wilblits and axantic those are too new for me to know anything about)

Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
KelliH
A better name might be "Extreme" as opposed to "Super" when it comes to the beardie colors. IMO

Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
mikepanzarella
i thought the use of high red or high yellow etc was a great way the term super too often in reptiles means the super form of things like with silks,blue eyes lucy's but yea even extreme would be better to use then super
local to me on craigs list a guy was selling a super citrus female sub adult for $300 it looked to me like a high colored citrus i didnt want to insult him and ask about something i didnt understand

Old 03-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
barbie
I agree with all the above!! I have also found several ads saying het for leather, I really feel people should do thier homework before presenting (or breeding for that matter) any speciese. It is truely dissapointing to see people lacking experience breeeding and selling such beautifull animals. We all had to start somewher but it is the person who is willing to put in the work that will rise above in the reptile community.

A super form can be expressed by breeding 2 co-doms together such as 2 italian leathetrbacks the resulting super form is the silkback.

You can not produce a super form by breeding 2 recessive dragons together such as citrus x citrus or translucent x translucent.

Thank you Ed for clarifying so well

Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Extreme is a good descriptive term that would describe a dragon completely saturated with color.

An overused term is hold backs. it makes me laugh when I see someone post 4 ads in a row describing each average looking dragon as a hold back.wonder who they think they are fooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
A better name might be "Extreme" as opposed to "Super" when it comes to the beardie colors. IMO

Old 03-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
mikepanzarella
You also have the other end of it with people using snow,Lucy, or even micro scaled I think of micro scaled as a lower end leatherback
Seems alot of terms that ate really basic just used to market them better

Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
barbie
Ok i think micro scale leathers kick a@@!! Matter of opinion lol. Another one is saying its a sandfire, just because its from sandfire dragon ranch does not make it a "sandfire" on color or quality LOL

Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
mikepanzarella
oh i like micro scaled also but u get them from leather breeding they kinda middle the clutch i guess lower grade leather was a bad way to describe them
well wasnt sandfire a way to describe dragon from the ranch then people started saying sandfire because colors were similar
i still would like to know what makes a snow they look like hypos to me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!