Herps in MD - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
mac_attack2121
Herps in MD

Anyone know any good places to find herps in MD?

Old 10-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
geckogrl6
I'm not field collector, but have heard good reports that Gunpowder state park is good for wildlife. Depending on what specifically you're looking for, you may have more luck out western MD or close to VA.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
onelifetolive45
What do you want to do? I can take you out with me when its herp season again.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
mac_attack2121
i just really want to go looking for snakes. that would be great.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
chris97
I was wondering If I could head out herping with you guys one of these days when you guys decide to. Im planning on purchaseing some snake traps and tongs at lest 250 dollars worth of supplies so let me know becasue i could set that up in the spring.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
reptiler ron
Snake traps?

Old 12-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
chris97
Well at bugspray.com they have sevral traps that u can bait and the snake will come in but the trap somehow allows the snake not to escape. they have videos of how they actually work. Im probably gonna purchase 3 and sevral snake tongs and some other stuff for herping.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
onelifetolive45
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris97 View Post
Well at bugspray.com they have sevral traps that u can bait and the snake will come in but the trap somehow allows the snake not to escape. they have videos of how they actually work. Im probably gonna purchase 3 and sevral snake tongs and some other stuff for herping.
No man, don't use that stuff. Your only going to stress the animal out and where is the fun in going to a trap and finding animals? You gotta work for it, and find them in their natural beauty not pissed off in a trap. Plus people will think your collecting

Old 12-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
chris97
Okay thanks for the advice but is it okay if i still buy the tongs.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
onelifetolive45
If anything buy a hook, even still you probably wont need it. The only thing you would be picking up in MD that you would want a hook for in MD are hots, and you shouldn't be picking them up anyway. A good quality hook can help flip logs and pull bark though...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!