Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 30 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #291
Abish
I can understand a website not wanting to post a warning or an informational thread from the ownership/staff... but allowing someone who's had mites for years, lax quarantine and IBD diagnosed in her collection to continue using your site to move animals while your staff actively works to remove all warnings about her is irresponsible (IMO).

If you want to cover up for the sake of keeping things nicey-nicey, perhaps you should also remove her abilities to use your site to contaminate any more members' collections? It has been demonstrated that Ashley cannot be trusted to curb herself without the social pressure in place.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #292
kmurphy
Has this thread switched topics? Is it now about RTB.net?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #293
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish View Post
I can understand a website not wanting to post a warning or an informational thread from the ownership/staff... but allowing someone who's had mites for years, lax quarantine and IBD diagnosed in her collection to continue using your site to move animals while your staff actively works to remove all warnings about her is irresponsible (IMO).

If you want to cover up for the sake of keeping things nicey-nicey, perhaps you should also remove her abilities to use your site to contaminate any more members' collections? It has been demonstrated that Ashley cannot be trusted to curb herself without the social pressure in place
Quoted for emphasis. Well said.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #294
Elizabethlea27
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
I GUARANTEE had this not been posted when it was, half of RTB.net would be infested with mites.
I completely agree. As a member of RTB.net I implore the mods there to PLEASE consider the REPTILES we are all supposed to be promoting, protecting and caring for so much, and see if they can sleep at night knowing that new members at rtb.net and those who like Ashley but don't know the facts will continue to think everything's fine with her collection.

How can they sleep at night knowing that they could be creating situations like mine - no one told me she was unsafe, rtb.net supported her as a responsible breeder, and so I put her up there on my "can trust" list. Look where that got me.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #295
Elizabethlea27
Sorry while I was writing two pages of posts were put up... wow... Donnie all I can ask is, did the staff members read the BOI thread entirely? Or was it a vote on their impression of Sakara? Can there not be a re-vote based on new information?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #296
Elizabethlea27
Oh and in addition I realize there was a recent change in mod membership on RTB.net, can you do a re-vote on those grounds also, making sure every mod is fully informed of the situation?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #297
Donnie Smith
Since some of you are not aware of this:

We removed the contest threads involving Sakara's boas
She no longer has animals for sale on redtailboa.net
We have never suppressed threads about IBD in general. There is lots of information about IBD on redtailboa.net

I don't understand how some of you seem to perceive that we are some how promoting Sakara on our site. She is a member of redtailboa.net just like 8000 other members. She has no special privileges or abilities than anyone else enjoys.

Perhaps I misstated when I used the word "Debacle". I did not mean to downplay the severity of this issue. I used that word in association with the conversation specifically about redtailboa.net and I think you will find that the comments about redtailboa.net were all I addressed in my post.

You are welcome to your opinion that I am wrong, but to accuse redtailboa.net of some how promoting the spread of IBD is not only inflammatory, it is on the verge defamation.

I am not here to seek anyone's opinion on how we handle situations on our website. I am here to explain why we made the decision we did using a majority vote of our staff. Some of you are not going to accept that and I understand your perspectives, but insulting me personally and our site in general is not going to change it.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #298
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Has this thread switched topics? Is it now about RTB.net?
No, it's about how Ashley is hiding out on that forum, posting on threads like she doesn't have more important matters to take care of elsewhere. It has been discussed whether or not RTB.net should issue a warning thread about her like the other RTB site. The moderators reached an agreement that they shouldn't post a thread like that on open forum, by having a vote amongst themselves.

I personally, don't favor that outcome. It's nice to know that I'm not alone, but that doesn't change how I feel.

Donnie, I never got the impression that people think RTB.net is "promoting" Sakara. Sakara promoted herself on that forum- she posted very frequently up until the birth of this thread here.

I myself understand the RTB.net has reached a decision regarding posting a thread about her on that forum. From what I can gather, the Staff on RTB.com had trouble reaching the decision they made on the matter. Nothing is going to change it.

I think, what no one has mentioned so far, is that just seeing her active on the forum with her knowing about this thread and the problems she has caused so far (and not trying to fix them), hits people very hard. It's making some people kind of angry, myself included. I highly doubt posting a thread on RTB about all this will deter her from doing what she wants instead of trying to make good. I know you guys can't do anything about that as she hasn't broken any TOS.

She can either try and salvage herself, or she will fade away if people don't give her the attention she craves.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #299
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Smith View Post
Since some of you are not aware of this:

We removed the contest threads involving Sakara's boas
She no longer has animals for sale on redtailboa.net
We have never suppressed threads about IBD in general. There is lots of information about IBD on redtailboa.net
I don't understand how some of you seem to perceive that we are some how promoting Sakara on our site. She is a member of redtailboa.net just like 8000 other members. She has no special privileges or abilities than anyone else enjoys.

Perhaps I misstated when I used the word "Debacle". I did not mean to downplay the severity of this issue. I used that word in association with the conversation specifically about redtailboa.net and I think you will find that the comments about redtailboa.net were all I addressed in my post.
You are welcome to your opinion that I am wrong, but to accuse redtailboa.net of some how promoting the spread of IBD is not only inflammatory, it is on the verge defamation.

I am not here to seek anyone's opinion on how we handle situations on our website. I am here to explain why we made the decision we did using a majority vote of our staff. Some of you are not going to accept that and I understand your perspectives, but insulting me personally and our site in general is not going to change it.
I was not aware of this. My language was strong as I had read the post by Rev Mojo, I took that as a threat that any mention of this issue would not be tolerated.

Combined with your language here I had the distinct impression RTB.net was doing its best to keep heads in the sand and pretend there is nothing going on. I can certainly see the attraction there, as it makes your jobs as moderators much easier when there are no flame fests.

I did not mean to imply RTB.net supports Sakara personally, but rather supressing the conversation makes the forum an easier place to manage.

I do apologize if I am wrong, however I am sure you can appreciate my angle here? You can view the asthetics from an outsider perspective?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #300
amercnwmn
Not trying to completely perpetuate the issue here, since I agree it IS about Ashley, and NOT RTB.net..

HOWEVER,

Ashley WAS given the option to reopen the Auction threads AFTER they were closed.

They were closed BECAUSE we brought it to the attention of the members the snakes were NOT properly QT'd and kept with a snake that died of reported IBD. It was considered "off topic" in relation to the auction threads. The other thread regarding IBD was also closed.

The posts on the first thread were deleted regarding the IBD, and the threads remain.

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/auc...ion-tammy.html

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/auc...ion-tammy.html
Quote:
Ok folks,

I am going to have to void this auction.

Sakara, please feel free to restart this auction if you so desire.
Quote:
Re: #2 Boa Auction for Tammy!
Auction threads are NOT the place for conversation folks!!!

If the OP wants this back open, feel free to PM me, and I will clear out or move out the posts in question.

As it stands...

I am calling this auction closed until further notice.

That's not intended to cause controversy with RTB. Their stance on the matter is not something I agree with, in this instance.

Donnie's always shown himself to be a fair Admin, and I respect him for that. My point in quoting/pointing that out is to illustrate why people may feel like sides are being taken.

As far as sharing the info, of course I feel it should be shared!

I don't want MY friends or people I respect getting sick snakes or mites.

It's not my site, it's not my call.

Since it was stated it wasn't to be tolerated on RTB.net, and the word NEEDED to be shared, it was brought here, where it IS allowed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd