Leo won't eat - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #1
zombeikid
Leo won't eat

I've had my leopard gecko for about a year and a half now but the last few months she really doesn't want to eat. Her tail is still pretty fat, (I think. Its not HUGE but its not thin or stick-like) and she weighs 98 grams. She's actually more active? The only real change was that it got pretty hot where I live and I put her on excavator clay and paper towels. I tong feed her because she has always seemed to struggle catching her food so I don't think she ate any of the clay?

I'm not really sure what to do. I've tried mealworms, superworms, waxworms, crickets, and dubias. I also have some repashy grub pie but I've tried that before and she doesn't seem to like it. I might mix up some anyway and see if I can get her to lick it.

I'm just so worried aaaaaaaaaaa

Old 08-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #2
rraine04
I wouldn’t worry too much. Leos can go off of food for a few months.
I’d take her for a vet visit just to be safe. Try and bring a stool sample so they can test for parasites.
Could you attach a photo of her and her tank so I may be able to help you further?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!