Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL!

OMG I am having so much fun at the new property! I know I've not been online here much~ thats mostly because my radio broadband connection flakes out at night when I used to get online. I'm still around though!

This new property is GREAT! another reason I've not been around is how much work it is! I've lost 20 pounds already! And not ONE inch off my waist where I would have liked to have lost it.....oh no.....I've litterally worked my BUTT OFF! LOL! I've gone from Pear shaped to Pototo shaped.....I'm pretty sure thats NOT an improvement...........LOL!

I've not gotten any new animals yet~ still researching what to get and how to care for stuff.....

But guess what I just found?
On EBAY naturally!

I can buy hatching chicken eggs and use the incubators I already own for the reptiles during the off season. Thats cool......
I can also buy Turkey eggs~ Cooler
200 quail eggs (CHEAP) ~ Very cool......sounds like fun AND Good Eats!
Goose eggs~ well thats neat

And get this~ FERTILE EMU eggs for hatching! LOL!
I don't want an EMU.......but I may have to buy those eggs anyway........I REALLY WANT TO HATCH AN EMU!! LOL! I've not bid on them yet.....but I'm itching too!

Scotts gonna be mad when he gets home! Maybe I should wait to tell him till the eggs start hatching (what does one do with 200 baby quail and 2 baby emu? Maybe I should find out before I buy the eggs.......)

Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
snake5007
You could always use them to keep intruders away.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #3
Cat_72
Oooooh.......try looking thru Eggbid.com, lol. Kinda the off season for eggs, but you can get some COOL stuff on there. I see they have a breeding pair of adult Emu on there now, plus a baby.

http://www.eggbid.com/

Old 12-01-2007, 01:27 AM   #4
SPJ
I've been toying with the idea of ordering from this place for the past 2 years.
http://www.peacocksandmore.com/index.html

Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 AM   #5
Cat_72
Depending on what you're looking for Steve, the prices seem kind of high from that site. If you're looking for peafowl eggs, I bet I can get ya some for a LOT less this spring.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
SPJ
Yes. Peafowl. Looking for India Blue. I'd love to have a few running around back here.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Cat_72
Remind me in the spring, Steve....I don't raise them myself anymore, I just don't have time for everything I want....but I have several friends who do, and I'm sure I could get ya a good deal on some eggs.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Me too!
Well~ let me see where I am this spring actually~ I have million things to do. But I've always wanted peafowl!

I did just order our very first "Livestock"~ 5 slate blue turkey eggs! I'm planning to buy some Royal Fans~ some geese~ and some chicken eggs soon too. I know hatching the eggs on my own may not be successful~ but it sounds like fun so I'm going to try that first~ then if I fail I can always order chicks this spring!

Old 12-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #9
Cat_72
Sure thing Cheryl, let me know in the spring. Here in Iowa (land of the frozen) they usually don't start laying real steady until at least May.

I have a blue slate turkey tom running around the farm now, I absolutely love him. Not su re what you mean by Royal Fans...I've kept Royal Palm turkeys over the years, and adore them as well. We just lost our old Palm tom, Walter, this past spring...he was a cool bird.

If the eggs you get are fertile, turkey eggs are really one of the simpler eggs to hatch. Just make sure you up the humidity the last few days of incubation, I've found this makes a big difference.

And there's NOTHING more fun than baby geese.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
mmm...I think your right~ Royal Palm~ oops! The pretty heritage breed~ white with the blue "fan" on the tail. The lady I bought the blue slates from has Royal Palms laying now~ she is waiting to start selling the eggs until she insure fertility.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'm having a ton of fun already and the only livestock I actually own are still my snakes and the rodents. I've been working on the rodent shed and I'm pretty sure I can turn it into a mighty fine Mouse House before Christmas ~I need dry days to work~ but I'm so greatful for any rain we get I don't mind the progress being slow! It's supposed to rain today so I'm going to truck out all the Christmas decorations and do up the house today. Maybe cruise online a bit more to figure out which eggs I want next. I want to buy tons and get busy~ but I'm already VERY BUSY and I very much do not want to be idiot we've all heard of that got too many animals and could not care for them all. So I have to pace myself some.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!