First Timer... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
fishermanzack
First Timer...

Ok, so I already posted in the aroboreal area about ATB's and me wanting one. But just thought I'd say hey to all. I've never really kept snakes or anything, except a bearded dragon when I was like 10 and it died... work at a pet store, saw an ATB baby, loved it, want one, want to make it nice, haha... Been doing some reading, but I don't know much about reptiles so I really like this forum. I mainly keep fish, I have a 135 gallon tank, 29g, and 10g all in my dorm room. the 135 is now almost empty cuz I sold the fish in it to get more fish for cheaper. Anyway I appreciate any help. I'm not sure the acronyms on everything yet, besides ATB, CB (captive bread?), and then I don't know what it means when people put numbers like 1.2 or something like that or 5.1, or 4.2.

Thanks,
Zack

Old 02-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Uroboros
1.2 3.4 1,499.12,821 mean Males.Females

1,499 Males and 12,821 Females. If there is another number 1.0.1 it means that the third one hasn't been sexed or is indeterminate. 1 Male, 0 females, and 1 unknown.

CB = Captive Born (may have been caught while gravid)
CBB = Captive bred and born (was conceived in captivity)
WC = Wild Caught (frowny-face)
LTC = Long Term Captive (wild caught, long term is in the eye of the beholder)
I still haven't figured out what WTB means, though.

Welcome and good luck with your ATB. Bites don't hurt the human but stress the poor snake.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Welcome to Fauna!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!