Calcium injection pricing? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
peachstategeckos
Calcium injection pricing?

I rescued a beardie yesterday that has an aweful case of MBD. She hasn't had any vit d3 in her whole life and she's about a year old. Some others had recommended a calcium injection. Can anyone give me a price estimate? If you would like to know more about her you can email me (I don't really feel like writing out her story). Thanks so much!

Old 04-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #2
beardiedragon
I would not even considder a shot without an exam by a vet. It can do more harm than good. A sudden burst of calcium can cause arthritis and calcification in the joints.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
peachstategeckos
Yea, alot of others have said the same thing. I'm just trying to get a price estimate so I know what I'm up against and then of course add in the visit surcharge and maybe anything else she needs. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
ccthera
Call your vet

I am a vet student and from what I've learned to date I know for a fact that they can give you price estimates of costs, call. They can't give you dead on "your animal will cost this" without an actual exam, but they can tell you how much calcium treatment typically runs to give you a ballpark. Personally I'd recommend you get this guy an appointment at your vet and ask after they've had a look. Then they can give you a good estimate and what you're odds of turning this guy around are. Get your vet involved, we don't go through 4 years of absolute torture and pain at vet school to sit at home and twiddle our thumbs, vets are a GREAT resource!

Old 05-02-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
peachstategeckos
Oh I'm not saying you do! I'm planning on going to vet school myself. I was just seeing what others paid for it, that's all. I keep meaning to call the vet but I keep on forgetting and there's been alot of stuff going on (family member in hospital). Thanks for the advice though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!