Show off your cages! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 AM   #21
niels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Those are awesome!!! I like how it's a whole wall of enclosures.

Do you ever have problems with keeping all the plants alive? I suppose you can't use fertilizers and such, huh?
No I never have problems with my plants.
and thanks

Old 03-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #22
JERM
A few more...

Here are a couple more pictures of my cages. I have more cages I just don't have pics yet.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #23
JERM
2 more...

2 more pictures.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 PM   #24
NEWfoundHOBBY
Talking general question

all of these cages look good, im impressed.
anyways, i was just wondering, how big on average do some chams get.......say vields for example........
thanks alot,
rusty

Old 03-31-2006, 09:20 PM   #25
dragonflyreptiles
Veileds are biorn at about 2.75" including tail and the male can get to 24" with tail and female slightly smaller. Males have much more color than females, the females are very plain.

You can check the classifieds here
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...cat.php?cat=26

and auctions at reptileaucitons.com
http://www.reptileauctions.com/categ...hp?parent=1861

Just keep in mind babies may be a lot less expensive but will need a smaller cage at first, they will eat a ton of fruit flies (cheap and easy to raise yourself) for several weeks then once they are on a good size cricket you can move them to a larger cage. They are very agressive eaters and will hunt down the food instead of waiting for it to come to them and they are wonderful to watch (not a handle type of pet as any cham). Lost of misting and food and they go to adult size very quickly by 6 to 6+ months. They do need a good amount of space as adults as well.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #26
NEWfoundHOBBY
Talking thx

thanks dragon, good to know
i currently have a couple of low matinence small reptiles that are no big deal......
for them i am currently breeding crickets. so my question is, for babies is it real important for them to have fruit flies, which i can do no problem....and i would only feed my cham the real small ones for starters.....just wondering.....

thanks rusty

Old 04-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #27
dragonflyreptiles
Crickets are fine too, fruit flies are just more cost effective when they are really small or you have quite a few of them.

If you are breeding your own crickets that's great, you will always have the size you need as they grow!

Old 04-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #28
Will Hayward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Will, that is so cool how they migrate. How do they go about feeding? Do they move to get food or wait for it to come to them?
Both actually. The sit in the branch above and look down once they have positioned themselves in an optimal place.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #29
Will Hayward
All the photos in this thread are fantastic. Really great cages and lucky chameleons.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #30
MANTIS
Here are some of our female cages.....

And some male cages.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!