Blue eye bearded dragons Marek's/herpies - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #41
bloodbankdragon

This image shows bloodvessels with white iris in back ground. The iris has no pigment.

This link is to credit the photographer. http://www.treknature.com/gallery/Eu...hoto157174.htm

Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #42
witblits
Steven, why do translucents have black eyes? Id like to know what you think/know.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
bloodbankdragon
I would guess its enzyme related to the morph. (not caused by uvb or other external stimulants) This color in in the sclera of the eye and is common with many animals.

I have made and interesting observation. Bearded dragons don't have an Iris.

They have a sclera and a scleral ring. Basically, they have the whites of their eyes and a pupil. There is no Iris. (This is where color should develop.) Bearded dragons don't have iris's. Thats why we see white with vascular activity. (no color, blue, green, brown)

See my new post soon.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #44
bloodbankdragon
Im confused about the scleral ring. I might be way off. Im investigating all this. Im super confused and the info is hard to uncover. lol
Steven Barnes

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-sclera.htm

This is an interesting link though.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #45
bloodbankdragon
Pupil, iris, sclera.

I see pupil and I see one of the other two. Either iris or sclera. Though I dont see 3 elements. Sclera is vascular and white. So where is the iris? or is the scleral ring resposible for constriction?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #46
scorpian5
I have some questions are you lets say qualified/educated enough to provide proof of the cause or is this just your guess ?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #47
bloodbankdragon
I have questions of my own as well. I may be able to answer your question or include it in an e-mail I am sending to several opthamologist veterinarians

Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #48
bloodbankdragon
Proof of cause is multiple and suggested

Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #49
bloodbankdragon

Where is the iris?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #50
bloodbankdragon
The eye does not dilate when exposed to light.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!