SYR??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Southern Wolf
No problem

Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
Pythonbreeder99
What do you guys think about this? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ptiles+express

Old 08-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #13
Shadera
I think what a lot of others think, that they are confusing RE with SYR, but that sort of discussion really should stay on the BOI thread.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 AM   #14
michaellosoya
SYR and UPS

I'm not sure if this the right place for this but I thought I would share my last experience with ship your reptiles. I will try to make this long story shorter.

I scheduled a pick up two days in advance to ship two female mojaves from Dallas to Ohio. Noon came around and no one had come to pick up the package. I had to drop the package off at the UPS store. I received a call the following day from the purchaser saying that he had waited for the package at home and when he went outside, the UPS driver had left a note on his door and had not bothered to knock on the door (he believed it was because there was not a car parked in front of his house). When he called UPS they didn't offer to do anything and told him he would have to pick it up. He didn't have a car so he had to take off work the next day so he could wait for the package to arrive. Keep in mind that this was a SIGNATURE REQUIRED delivery with a $500 package containing live animals. That day, there was no knock yet again. But when he walked outside this time, the package was just left at his door step. I can't speak for everyone but I know that I want safety and care to be taken with my animals. I pride myself on their health and wellness and SYR does not come anywhere near my standards I will be using Fed Ex from now on. This is just one experience but I thought everyone should know. Thanks and God bless.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #15
snowgyre
Michael, that is a UPS problem, not SYR. SYR simply gives you the discount, but the package is completely in UPS's hands after you get the shipping label. Sounds like you have a bad local hub, but it has nothing to do with SYR.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
michaellosoya
That is true Vanessa. The thing that really gets me is that UPS has a strict no snakes policy which is totally ridiculous in my opinion. It kind of makes it a grey area because they will not knowingly ship snakes (according to UPS).

Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
hhmoore
This is not the forum for discussing transactions.
That said - if SYR is not accepting snakes (which had been the case for several months, unless there has been a recent change), your snakes shouldn't have been shipped that way. You finding UPS' policy ridiculous really has no bearings on the matter, it is what it is until they change it. There are a couple of factions TRYING to change it, but people continually violating the policy are not likely to help the situation.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #18
Southern Wolf
As stubborn as UPS is... .I really dont see them changing it for the general public.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #19
moonrisegeckos
I just went to book a shipment through SYR and got this message:

A note to our valued customers

WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS.
WE WILL RESUME SHIPPING SERVICES SHORTLY.

You can still buy shipping supplies.

Anyone know anything about this? I was planning on shipping tomorrow!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
Pythonbreeder99
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrisegeckos View Post
I just went to book a shipment through SYR and got this message:

A note to our valued customers

WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS.
WE WILL RESUME SHIPPING SERVICES SHORTLY.

You can still buy shipping supplies.

Anyone know anything about this? I was planning on shipping tomorrow!
I would just stick to Fed-ex, less problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!