Customer Code of Ethics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
ExoticPetsWS
Question Customer Code of Ethics

I'm think of posting a Customer Code of Ethics on my website. Customers must agree to adhere to it, BEFORE placing an order. Terms and Conditions are not enough anymore.

I wonder where these people come from. Do they pick Exotic Pets-Wholesale for a reason? It seems like the unrully customer rules anymore. I'm not easily intimidated (most people know that about me, having more vowels in my name than the alphabet may have something to do with it (??)), but I don't like unhappy customers. I wouldn't like dealing with a business that treats ME like S**T. So, I'm easy to deal with...to a certain extent! (or until now)

When is enough...enough! When do you say, it's time to fight back. I have been very easy going with DOA's. I ask for pictures (or whatever proof they can supply). I ask that they notify me as to any problems .. ASAP. Not when they want too. When you are finished opening the BOX! I would. If I had a problem, you better believe I'd be getting ahold of someone, somewhere and real fast! Death happens, we take every step possible to ensure it doesn't but at times...it does. To be personally (verbally) attacked! I can't (nor do I want to) make any situation right after I've been attacked. I don't know how any of you feel.. I'm NOT doing it. My fault or not !!!

There is a way to to deal with these situations, as customers.

1. Email or call the business. Let them know somethings up.
2. Do what is needed to substantiate your claim.
3. DO NOT harass, mislead, verbally or physically attack the person or business!

Most businesses will do the right thing. (again depending on their T&C's, as I can't speak for others). I would like to know everyones feelings on dealing with, "hard to deal with customers". What would you do?

Thanks,

Old 12-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
dwedeking
There is no sure fire way to handle all the customers all the time, you have to play it by ear. We actually take turns here on the phone (though Wendy does most of the phone calls as she's better on it. I'm too short as I dislike talking on the phone) because it can be tiring.

One thing we try to do is pre-qualify customers, especially online. I have no problem passing on a customer that is going to cost us in the long run due to excessive customer service or related issues. For example, we had a guy call about a veiled chameleon. We walked him through the husbandry and the required equipment. His reply was "Oh that's too much expense and work for just a lizard". From that point we didn't have any available. We knew we were going to send him a healthy chameleon that would be put in whatever box/kritter keeper/tank he had available with whatever light was laying around the house. Almost written in stone was the phone call/email 2 weeks later on why the chameleon wouldn't eat/grow/move/etc. Didn't even want to go there.

We use our TOS as a stop point for problem customers and frequently go way above and beyond for the customers. There are just some out there that think they can only get service if they are rude and out of control, when the truth is with most small businesses you get better service by working with the person on the phone.

Old 12-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Ophis
The type of individual you are describing is not a customer. That type of individual is a parasite I call a custof***er. No matter how you try to avoid dealing with custof***ers, they manage to slip through your custof***er radar, and proceed to ruin your day, week, even a whole month. I am not in business in your industry, but I have been reading alot of posts related to it.
MY GOD! you guys have a custof***er infestation! The sales end of your industry also seems to have alot of shady, crooked, dirty dealing con-artists involved. These individuals tend to create custof***ers who were once just your great enthusiastic customer, but got ripped off by a Reptiflim flammer, and is now a custof***er.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!