Hognose: Madagascan Golden and "Neotropical" info/pic request - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #11
The BoidSmith
Most of mine take pre-killed wet mice readily. One male L. uruguayensis is a little reluctant to take mice and prefers tadpoles. He will take the mice if I previously give him a tadpole (or a green tree frog also), and then scent a fuzzy mouse with a tadpole. During the winter is a little challenging to find them, but I'm able to order them from a company that sells them for school projects.

Regards.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:46 AM   #12
Evil Elvis
The ones on the pictures are my adult pair, to be honest I am struggling to get them to eat. I have a pair of babies and theyare eating live pinks/fuzzies.My tricolours all eat mice with gusto!

Old 03-27-2005, 05:49 AM   #13
Evil Elvis

Old 03-27-2005, 05:50 AM   #14
Evil Elvis

Old 03-27-2005, 05:51 AM   #15
Evil Elvis

Old 03-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #16
The BoidSmith
Incredibly looking animals Barry, congratulations! Particularly the "aberrant" baby in the last picture. Never seen something like her. Have you tried scenting with toads? My L. uruguayensis (formerly D'Orbigny) are well known because they are difficult to feed unless on a diet of amphibians. I was able to switch them to pre-soaked dead fuzzys (the female which is larger will take hoppers) but they all went through a "scenting" period with green tree frogs (Hyla) or bullfrog tadpoles.

Regards.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #17
Evil Elvis
Thanks, yes I have tried that, only I dont have any toads, i have tried scenting with white and pacman frogs (which I keep). I will get them going, I have to, they are too rare not to!!!!

I last saw a pair of D'Orbigny years ago and were very expensive, have you bred them?

Old 03-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Well, I also have a pacman for scenting purposes but they don't seem to be interested. That's odd considering both have similar distribution in South America and I would suspect they should be a natural prey. The D'Orbigny are ready to breed this season.

Regards.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:55 PM   #19
Evil Elvis
What price would a pair be?

Old 03-27-2005, 03:15 PM   #20
The BoidSmith
Market price The only pair that I saw up for sale was in KS almost a year ago. I can't remember how much they were asking for both at that point, but I do remember they were accepting trades for a spider ball python. That would give you an idea of how much they were going for.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!