LAST OF WHAT I HAVE and need to move quick - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Ball Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
jaysonsSnakes
Warning! LAST OF WHAT I HAVE and need to move quick

This is the last of the ball pythons i have for this year, and i need to move them quick.
Shipping is 40.00 on any one and i use UPS overnight.
02 66% poss het for carmel albino...150.00
1400 grm proven chocolate(looking) male 200.00
03 high yellow female 100.00
WC 900 grm female reduced pattern 100.00
WC 1000 grm jungle pattern female 100.00
WC are treated and clean of ticks, but have not feed yet.
All prices are without shipping!!!
Email me at jaysonssnakes@aol.com
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-18-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Moeseph
Thumbs down

Chocolate(Looking)? Hmmmm, a true genetic morph, or just a way to sell a $100 animal for $200? I think it's the latter of the two. Anyone else?

Old 03-18-2004, 09:04 PM   #3
jaysonsSnakes
hey,
Bud that is you opinion keep it to yourself. Here even is it is normal hummmmm......1400grms proven male i could get 200.00 for? So if you have a problem with what i have up for sale then dont buy it, but keep your negetive comments to yourself

Jason
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-18-2004, 10:14 PM   #4
Moeseph
I just wanted people to think. Simply because the way you seem to make it sound like something special. The fact that you got so ticked off shows that there was actually a bluff, and I called it. By the way, I have a mocha/caramelish(looking) male.

Old 03-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #5
Sand&SunReptile
Unwanted Sarcasm

Moeseph,

I feel that you should lay off. Go to www.kingsnake.com, and look at all the supposed "burgandy hypos" on the market. All are w/c, unproven, and just shipped into the country recently. Since they arent feeding, and are fresh imports, they all go for 150-2000, from what I've seen. I think 200+s/h is more than fair, and you should just lay off. He is just calling his animals as he see's them, can't ask for more. He never said it was proven genetic, but he simply said it has a look of chocolate ball pythons.

Mike Fortier

Sand And Sun Reptiles-Breeders of E.G.Guttata, and Python Regius (Pastels/normals)

Old 03-28-2004, 11:43 PM   #6
Moeseph
I can see why it might be considered sarcastic. However you lack the vision to see the humor in my last comment. I would like you to check out "The Big List" and read the article. Here are two of my favoritew exerpts that tell where I'm coming from.

1st one:
"The people who are so quick to tack on a catchy name to a "farm raised" ball are the ones who are not able to be involved in the legitimate mutation buisness in the first place.
Pastel has been bastardized by every Tom Dick and Harry who happens to pick up a light colored ball from an importer. Every other imaginable variation in normal color and pattern has also been issued one or more flashy names to boost sales."

2nd one:
"Regardless of the ethics of it, the fact remains that the entire practice is nothing more than a blatant marketing ploy that does, on occasion, prey on those less educated in the realm of ball mutations.
Everyone of these non-genetic "morphs" come in at the same price. Depending on the quantity pruchased from the importer, the ones selling them have between 10 and 20 dollars in each of them. Then they just ad the trendy label and put a $200 price tag on it, and the whole process is dependant on those who are willing to pay that $200. I for one am not."

I for one am not either. You call it sarcasm. I call it not getting sucked into the rediculous trap of getting ripped off by those who would use these "blatant marketing ploys". Be it wherever they are being sold. Perhaps this isn't a good place for this, but then again, where is if any, a good place?

The Big List of Ball Python Morphs

Maurice

Old 03-29-2004, 07:51 PM   #7
Sand&SunReptile

Moeseph

Point well taken, Be that as it may, isnt the whole buisiness based around marketing ploys? 2 pastels, same genetics, one 500+ more than the other, same sex and size. It's all on supply and demand. If people are willing to buy unproven, and possibly ungenetic morphs like chocolates and burgandy's, than many people will offer them for sale, and people will buy.
Whatever works
Mike Fortier.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread