Info Rodentpro - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
RichsBallPythons
Correct me if im worng but doesnt RodentPro buy from other breeders and sell as their stock. Could explain the reason most shipments are covered in piss,poop,bedding. I ordered from them once and that was it for me...

Panacur can help you with your pinworms at $9 a tube

Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
parasites can come from anywhere. i find it hard to believe that they came from frozen rodents.

have you had the parasites analyzed by a veterinarian to identify the species of parasite ??

its like people that ask where did my dog or cat or ferret (or whatever animal) get these parrasites from, they are all over the environment
Did u even read what I typed?

Yes I brought actual live parasites I found in my boas water dish this morning before I left.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
reticguy76
keep in mind also, pinworms arent a big deal in repitles (particularly larger boidae), and generally pass right through the entire digestive tract with very little to no issues

Old 07-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Correct me if im worng but doesnt RodentPro buy from other breeders and sell as their stock. Could explain the reason most shipments are covered in piss,poop,bedding. I ordered from them once and that was it for me...

Panacur can help you with your pinworms at $9 a tube
Gotta have the liquid in the bottle, she didnt want me to use the paste in the tubes,

But yes I have been noticing more and more bedding in their fur as well. But hey I guess its a good thing that theres poo int he bags, makes it easier for me to collect a sample.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Gotta have the liquid in the bottle, she didnt want me to use the paste in the tubes,

But yes I have been noticing more and more bedding in their fur as well. But hey I guess its a good thing that theres poo int he bags, makes it easier for me to collect a sample.
You would need a fresh sample from their live stock to test for any parasites. After so many days frozen they come back negative in test results.

And the paste is just as good as the liquid. Inject the paste into the rodents mouth/throat and feed to the snake. Do this once a week and youll be fine. Vet wants you to buy Rx they prescribe to make more off ya.

I would just look elsewhere for rodents or breed your own and see the difference

Old 07-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
keep in mind also, pinworms arent a big deal in repitles (particularly larger boidae), and generally pass right through the entire digestive tract with very little to no issues
I dont really care if they do. I wont sell/trade an animal I know has internal or external parasites. I dont want worms floating in my waterdishes. And I wont let my animals deal with it.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpreis3 View Post
Once I have confirmation that infact it was Rodentpros rats believe me I will contact Casey.
With all due respect to you, once you called their name here, they should have been notified. I did so.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #18
reticguy76
i did read, i thought i had deleted that part about having it analyzed.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #19
rcpreis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
You would need a fresh sample from their live stock to test for any parasites. After so many days frozen they come back negative in test results.

And the paste is just as good as the liquid. Inject the paste into the rodents mouth/throat and feed to the snake. Do this once a week and youll be fine. Vet wants you to buy Rx they prescribe to make more off ya.

I would just look elsewhere for rodents or breed your own and see the difference
Normally I would agree with this, but Im her fiances boss and were pretty cool with each other. She actually didnt want me to spend the 250 a bottle they were asking at the vets and told me I should look online for a reputable seller of such. But she did specificly state she did not want me to get the paste, and since she did handle and exam my snakes, I feel comfortable going with what she told me to do. Thanks for the help!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #20
reticguy76
and thats fine, i was simply stating that they dont affect the actual health of the reptile

i admire you for wanting them controlled and gone, which is the proper thing to do.

again though, i would contact them and ask them some questions, maybe things can be dealt with and solved before this goes any further

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!