Bad Guy Captive Bred Reptiles - Stay the Heck Away - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #11
alex bleas
Terry at Captive Born Reptiles was the ONLY person who filed a lawsuit in the State of Ohio in regards to the reptile ban. For that reason, I have a ton of respect for him and what he has tried to accomplish. With a hobby like ours, where fear outweighs common sense we all need to stick together. Many people have given money fo US ARC, who didnt even come to OHIO to file a lawsuit. If US. ARC would have helped Ohio then that lobby would have been stronger and other states wouldn't be having the same issue that Ohio has with a reptile ban. This is a reptile forum, not a forum for personal social beliefs, which may or may not be true. It isn't right to slander someone on a public forum and bring up their business when the real issue should be the reptiles.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:37 AM   #12
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex bleas View Post
Terry at Captive Born Reptiles was the ONLY person who filed a lawsuit in the State of Ohio in regards to the reptile ban. For that reason, I have a ton of respect for him and what he has tried to accomplish. With a hobby like ours, where fear outweighs common sense we all need to stick together. Many people have given money fo US ARC, who didnt even come to OHIO to file a lawsuit. If US. ARC would have helped Ohio then that lobby would have been stronger and other states wouldn't be having the same issue that Ohio has with a reptile ban. This is a reptile forum, not a forum for personal social beliefs, which may or may not be true. It isn't right to slander someone on a public forum and bring up their business when the real issue should be the reptiles.
Have you informed Terry about this thread? If so, why is that person not responding.? Red flag #1.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:36 AM   #13
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex bleas View Post
From what I understand usark was under a different leader. So that's not Phil Goss's fault. I can't remember the other guys name but people accused him of skimming money from donations and such. Do if any of that is true, that's why they didn't come to ohio. I'm going to be trying to contact usark after the Lacey fight and see if Phil and his team can hopefully relax our laws if not remove them like they did in west virgina

Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #14
bcr229
Did CBR move to Kentucky recently? Also this probably isn't going to help much with the USARK suit.

NEWPORT, Ky. -- A man is in critical condition after being attacked by a large python at a reptile shop.

The incident happened Monday afternoon at the Captive Born Reptiles shop at 635 Monmouth St.

“I come out, there's a girl screaming, beating on the window," said Gary Collins, who works nearby. "I asked her what happened, she kept screaming, 'A snake got him, a snake got him.'"

Officers said that when they arrived, they found the 20-foot, 125-pound snake wrapped around shop owner Terry Wilkins and blood on the walls.

More at link--> 20-foot python attacks Newport reptile shop owner

Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #15
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Did CBR move to Kentucky recently? Also this probably isn't going to help much with the USARK suit.

It seems that Terry opened a second location.
The one, in KY, has only been there a couple of months.
On CBR's site, it has two locations listed. The one in Columbus, OH and the one in Newport, KY.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #16
calmolly1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Have you informed Terry about this thread? If so, why is that person not responding.? Red flag #1.
Since it appears he is in critical condition in hospital after being wrapped by one of his snakes I doubt he will be able to answer at the moment...

Old 10-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #17
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmolly1 View Post
Since it appears he is in critical condition in hospital after being wrapped by one of his snakes I doubt he will be able to answer at the moment...
This thread was started, and Chris' question was posed, in August.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #18
xqzstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmolly1 View Post
Well that settles it... Hope the OP is happy

Old 10-05-2015, 11:21 PM   #19
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Under BOI rules, proof is not mandatory.
Although it does behoove an accuser, &/or the accused, to have proof.
Since when?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #20
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by xqzstyle View Post
Well that settles it... Hope the OP is happy
How is the OP's post responsible for a guy getting tagged?
Was he so stressed out over this that he didn't concentrate on what he was doing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread