Inquiry Accused of scamming. Timothy Jewell - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #1
shoregeckos
Accused of scamming. Timothy Jewell

Hello everyone. I recently had a transaction that I was unable to follow through with for reasons I'd not like discussed publicly. The other person involved is Carol Donaruma. I don't know what she goes by on here. Carol paid me $377 and when I was unable to follow through I called her explained the situation and refunded 270 of the 377 and told her that I would pay her the remaining 107 as soon as possible. I told her it would likely be within one week. Well tonight She texts me saying that I'm trying to run a scam and that she will log a complaint with PayPal and open a boi on here. While I can surely understand her frustration I thought I was completely transparent and honest with her. And what kind of scammer sends money back!?!? I'm just taken aback being called a scammer and want this to not be a thing that harms my reputation in this hobby. If I am a scammer I'm the worst one ever lol.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Why is Timothy Jewell the name in the title if you are Amanda Jones and the other party is Carol Donaruma?

Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #3
shoregeckos
Amanda is my wife. Sorry but I'm about to crash. 4 will be here all too quickly.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
suncharmers
Not sure what went on here, but just like to say I have dealt with Tim (Shore Geckos) on many occasions in the past few years. He bought geckos from me each time. He was always honest, and paid total amounts with no problems. A good guy, if he said he would pay her the balance there's no doubt in my mind he will, asap.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #5
Lucille
First of all, Tim should not be posting under his wife's account.
Second of all, if his buyer is opening a Paypal dispute, it takes time to process. All he has to do is pay what he owes and the dispute will be closed.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
First of all, Tim should not be posting under his wife's account.
Second of all, if his buyer is opening a Paypal dispute, it takes time to process. All he has to do is pay what he owes and the dispute will be closed.

Correct.
First and most important regarding the forum rules is that each post on the BOI must be made under your own name. If you don't have a user account under your own name please register one to continue posting. Thanks in advance.

When that is done I have a few questions.
Quote:
Hello everyone. I recently had a transaction that I was unable to follow through with for reasons I'd not like discussed publicly. The other person involved is Carol Donaruma. I don't know what she goes by on here. Carol paid me $377 and when I was unable to follow through I called her explained the situation and refunded 270 of the 377 and told her that I would pay her the remaining 107 as soon as possible. I told her it would likely be within one week. Well tonight She texts me saying that I'm trying to run a scam and that she will log a complaint with PayPal and open a boi on here. While I can surely understand her frustration I thought I was completely transparent and honest with her. And what kind of scammer sends money back!?!? I'm just taken aback being called a scammer and want this to not be a thing that harms my reputation in this hobby. If I am a scammer I'm the worst one ever lol.
I understand problems occur and from what you typed a issue happened that wouldn't allow you to complete a transaction. Also, for some reason all the funds sent from the buyer for the purchase was no longer available in your PayPal account. I don't know if that's part of the issue you don't want to speak about publicly.

How long ago did the buyer make the purchase? How long has she been waiting for a refund?

Old 08-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #7
Deborah Stewart
Some food for the thoughts if someone pays X amount of dollars than X amount of dollars should be refunded immediately if unable to complete the transaction.

Any payment received should not be transferred or spent until full satisfaction on the customer's side.

This might not make you a scammer but it's poor business practice IMO.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #8
GeckoLabs
I have also dealt with Tim on multiple occasions. He is definitely not one to scam, but is a stellar example of what many people in the hobby should strive to be.

Is it sub-par practice to withdraw funds prior to transaction completion? Yes, but we *all* fall on hard times, and sometimes it is necessary. Is it something that should be done repeatedly, no. But should someone be placed at the stake for having to do it once? Not at all.

Not only does Tim price his animals well below market averages, but he also goes out of his way to provide excellent customer service. He has even driven 2.5 hours to hand deliver animals on more than one occasion.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoregeckos View Post
The other person involved is Carol Donaruma. I don't know what she goes by on here.
Pattycake
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=131220

I sent her a link.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoLabs View Post
But should someone be placed at the stake for having to do it once? Not at all.

HE is the one that created this BOI thread, falling on the stake himself. Had the rest of the money been refunded and perhaps a gift critter sent for her trouble, perhaps nothing would have come of this.
As far as we know, she has not done anything official, and as I said previously, Paypal is a process and if he is saying it would have been paid in a week, the escalation process would not even have been completed by then, leaving him with a clear Paypal record.
BTW if he has such good friends in the industry, it would have made far less publicity to simply borrow a hundred bucks and refund his customer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!