Reasonable Shipping Rates??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
hhmoore
Those numbers don't make sense, April...The FedEx and SYR "retail" rate show as pretty similar, but the RE "retail" rate is almost $50 lower.
The only thing I can guess is that RE's program doesn't use the same dimensional weight calculator...unless you had a typo when you were submitting the information, there.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #12
AbsoluteApril
I was stumped! Ran the quotes a few times to ensure everything was the same. that must be it..

Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
robyn@Pro Exotics
Most folks shipping with a flat rate are indeed eating the difference. And it does go back to the days of regular $35-$55 shipping fees, which are indeed gone. FedEx and UPS Rates go up about 3% each year, so it is quite a bit different than 10 years ago.

As for the RE rate, the dimensional weight on that box is 11 pounds. I don't know why their site quote function doesn't figure it out correctly, but if you enter it as the 11 pounds that it will be billed at, the numbers start to all come together ("retail is $112"). Their FedEx retail figure is still off, but the math at RE has never been very accurate, as long as I have seen it. I have no idea why that is.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
robyn@Pro Exotics
We also offer a deeper discount as your package volume increases, or to beat your current FedEx rate. That rate, along with our customer service and On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance coverage, adds up to the best possible shipping experience.

So when trying to match another breeder's "$55 flat rate shipping" price, he may indeed be getting that, or perhaps eating only $10 off it, compared to your $25, depending on the different rate.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn@Pro Exotics View Post
As for the RE rate, the dimensional weight on that box is 11 pounds. I don't know why their site quote function doesn't figure it out correctly, but if you enter it as the 11 pounds that it will be billed at, the numbers start to all come together ("retail is $112").
YAY - I was right!!!! (I love it when that happens )

Old 05-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
lol

wonder if I'll get a back end charge? time will tell

Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #17
qegalpal
haven't shipped anything, snake or other, in a long time,
was FLOORED by the current rates

$98 from south florida to maine, smh.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #18
jeffnix
What are the online established reptile companies? I know of SYR and RE (Canada) Are there others?

Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
Reptile Kings
There are:

Reptiles Express USA: www.reptilesexpress.com
Reptile Express Canada: www.reptileexpress.com
SYR: www.shipyourreptiles.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!