New Box Design from Ship Your Reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #21
AvandisFifth187
At this point, it is seeming like a much better idea to just make up your own boxes. A friend of mine was just telling me the other day that the boxes they order suddenly started coming with another company's logo (don't remember the name of the company or the service he got the boxes from) pasted on the sides and top.

Save some money, do a lil' extra work, and stick it to the big guys! WOO!

Old 12-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #22
SnakeEyesExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvandisFifth187 View Post
That's how we roll!

Old 01-24-2010, 02:13 AM   #23
dustinntech
I definitely wouldn't ship anything that had another COMPETITOR'S website linked to it. I bet 99% of the reptiles SYR is shipping were bought from a seller. Why would that seller want the their competitor on their box????

On a different note, good job LLL! May be a cut throat way of doing business, but putting your logo on all your competitors shipping boxes is a great way to get someone to check out your animals.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #24
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvandisFifth187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianbaby007 View Post
That's how we roll!

Exactly.... I build all my boxes... and I come out cheaper.

Because of this one move.... I wont be doing business with SYR. I have my on FedEx account and I dang sure wont be advertising someone elses company with my animals inside.

It would be like Papa John's pizza bringing me a pizza in a Pizza Hut box. Not the brightest business move on the part of Papa John's.

Like so many of us, I am running a small business so why would I want to send out one of my animals with a competitor plastered all over the box.

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK THEM TO SEND ME A PLAIN BOX.

This should be common sense. You dont put a competitors logo on boxes you are selling to other breeders. Bad business move on their part... and it cost them my business.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #25
dustinntech
I'm assuming they ran out and ordere some from lll to fill orders until they got more.

Also, I still use syr for the shipping discount but I build my own boxes. It's much easier and i usually save 10-20 bucks shipping through them and it makes you a preferred shipper. I called about a late shipment and they put me on hold and found my package and they said, "oh you are a preferred shipper one second while I find your item". Even if you don't buy your boxes there it's still a good deal to ship through them

Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #26
offroad537
you know what you can do about the writing on the shipping box, dont buy shipping boxes from LLL reptiles if you have a problem with there writing. there your done. if you have a problem make your own.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #27
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad537 View Post
you know what you can do about the writing on the shipping box, dont buy shipping boxes from LLL reptiles if you have a problem with there writing. there your done. if you have a problem make your own.
I think you're missing what happened...

The boxes were sold by ShipYourReptiles.com and neither the photos of their shipping boxes nor the statements made on their website stated that they are sending out boxes with LLL's logo on it...Previous boxes purchased from SYR did not have LLL's logo either. People were purchasing boxes expecting the standard shipping boxes advertised, but instead got boxes with a competitors logo all over it. That is the issue.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #28
offroad537
oh i guess im miss read that, sorry guys i still think it well be better to make your own shipping boxes then you dont have to worry about buying them and stuff.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:05 AM   #29
offroad537
i bought a shipping box from LLL reptile and there logo wasn't on the box.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:34 AM   #30
hhmoore
That situation was little over 4 yrs ago...and it wasn't about shipping boxes purchased from LLL Reptile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!