Shipping Supplies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Blazinmorphs
Shipping Supplies

Shipping supplies?

I'm getting ready to order some shipping supplies and was wondering where everybody else gets theirs. TSK, superior, LLL .... Others?? Also at what hot temps do people start using cold packs or quit shipping until it cools down?

Old 07-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
NIGRO51
Supplies here .. http://www.reptilesexpress.com/default.aspx

Old 07-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
EmeraldBoid
Walmart and Lowe's. I like heavy duty Duck brand boxes, Scotch heavy duty shipping tape, I buy insulation in sheets that I cut to size, I get pillow cases at Walmart too, and finally I use shredded newspaper for packing. I have tried the white perishable boxes but they honestly did not perform as well as the Duck boxes. I tie each snake bag off with kite string and electric tape.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
robyn@Pro Exotics
You can find temperature guidlines on the ShipYourReptiles Get Help page. It includes info on using heat and cold packs.

SYR also sells all the packaging supplies you need, whether a single shipping kit, or more economical pricing on quantities.

ShipYourReptiles Get Help- Regulating the temperature of your package

Old 07-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Blazinmorphs
Thanks Everybody....Very helpful info Robyn

Old 07-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #6
Shadera
I love the two piece styro cooler insulated shipper kits from Uline and have used them for the last several years, but have also ordered from SYR before, as well as TSK Supply.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
robyn@Pro Exotics
I agree, those two piece boxes, without separate panels, are definitely choice. They are just hard to buy in quantity and have them shipped for a reasonable rate, since they don't break down.

But structurally they are awesome, and the insulation value is higher as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!