Inquiry Turtle Source? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
paulWTAMU
Turtle Source?

I searched and didn't find much...just another inquiry thread that didn't get answered. Anyone dealt with them? I'm looking at getting yellow mud turtles from them for a pond I'm putting in and would like to know...well, ANYTHING about them.

Thanks
Paul White

Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
rgurley
RG - TURTLE SOURCE / Marc Cantos

Paul -

TURTLE SOURCE is Marc Cantos. He is one of the really good guys in the turtle hobby. He is honest and hard-working and has quality animals, either producing or cherry picking most of what he sells. He was the manager of Burgundy Reptiles years ago before they flamed out. I am sure you won't be disappointed in Marc's service and the quality of the animals he sends out.

Hope this helps.

Russ Gurley

Old 05-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
kensopher
I agree. Marc is great. I haven't talked to him in quite a while, but he always struck me as a turtle guy first...business guy second. In my experience, he doesn't sell anything that is not of very high quality.

His website is a good example of how meticulous and professional he is.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #4
Douglas Beard
Great guy! I have bought and sold, turtles/tortoises with him. He is a stand up guy. No worries! It will be exactly what he promises or better. Douglas Beard / Flora & Fauna

Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
KathyLove
Marc is local to us, and we have known him for many years...

Although I have not had a reason to buy turtles (from Marc or anyone else), I have been to his place many times over the years. He is pretty obsessive about his animal care. His turtles probably get a lot more care than most breeders or dealers give, and the pens / cages always looked really nice whenever i have been there. He has been into turtles "forever", and is very knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to send prospective turtle buyers to him.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
paulWTAMU
thanks soon as my pond's done I'll be getting some musk turtles from him then.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
MFLuder
I will never again do business with Marc and Turtle Source. He is rude in email and his 'business' is questionable at best. I would consider him a businessman above all else. His help and advice ends after he has your money. When I asked him questions, he was quick to point out how many more 'sales' he could have done in the time it took to 'help' me. It is clear that Marc's only motivation is money. His rude behavior, substandard animals, and questionable business ethics will keep me faaaaaaar away from Turtle Source.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
scaledverts
E-mails etc?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
MFLuder
If this were a 'bad guy' thread initiated by me then the onus would be on me to prove my case. However, Marc did not rip me off, nor is this a bad guy thread initiated by me. My post was in reply to an inquiry. I stated simply why I would not do business with Turtle Source. It is to be taken at face value, and that's it. I find him rude and uncaring. I will not do business with him. That's my opinion.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #10
Chris Anderson
I've had multiple transactions with Marc and can say he sells top quality animals and has always been happy to help me with any questions I have for him. I will be buying from him in the future and will recommend him to anyone.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!