Rich Deagnan Richie Rich Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #1
BLREPS
Rich Deagnan Richie Rich Reptiles

Anyone had ant dealings with Rich Deagnan? I bought a trio of het pieds from him. A 100% male and 2-66% females for $2,400. On the bottom of the receipt I nticed it said 100% to 100% = 100% male and 100% to 66% = 66% female. At best the male would be 66% and the females 50% chance het. He doesn't return my phone calls or e-mails! I don't at this point beleive the animals are anything but normals!
Bill Lubak, Bill Lubak's Reptiles

Old 07-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
BLREPS
Just an update.... here it is the 14th and Deagnan has not contacted me yet. If anyone has his address, I need it so I can file papers with the courts. Thanks, Bill Lubak

Old 07-14-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
ms_terese
Were the animals shipped to you? If so, there should be a return shipping address. Do you have a phone number that can be traced?

Old 07-14-2003, 08:02 PM   #4
BLREPS
I received the animals 3/17/03. As I said there was a small notation about the genetics that I never noted when I filed the receipt which read as my first post. It wasn't until I received a trade offer for the male that it was noted. I have an invoice from RJ reptiles, no phone number or address. On the receipt from Deagnan there is no address. It was one of those receipts you can buy at any stationary. I only have a cell phone number to go by. It's unfortunate that there are people out there pulling these kind of scams taking peoples hard earned money. I have a wife and two kids and a mortgage and live paycheck to paycheck. $2,400 is a lot of money in my household. Any one that knows me or has bought animals from me know they are what I say they are and thats why I have return customers.Iwas hoping to make some extra cash breeding balls. This was a major setback. I'm not letting this go until I find him. I am filing a fraud suit. Internet fraud interstate is a felony, and I will pursue it to the fullest extent of the law. I will be also filing with small claims court here. If he doesn't show up here, I automatically win the suit. He won't be able to ignore me for long! I will haunt him!

Old 07-17-2003, 01:18 AM   #5
Rob BryertonRKK
Hi Bill, I would have replied faster but I just recently returned from a fishing trip and trying to get back in the swing.
I remember some of us discussing his add because it was a good deal.
The name is Richard Degnan in his two posts on here he said he was from the Poconos, PA
There are three listings for Richard Degnan in PA
Bethlehem(sp), Milford/ Pen Argyl and Milford again.
An Age estimate or Middle Initial would help.
I'm not sure how much help this will be because you received them months ago but hopefully this will get you closer.
Good Luck, Rob

Old 07-17-2003, 06:15 AM   #6
BLREPS
Thanks, any information is of help. He only signed the receipt RRR and even the supposed invoice from RJ"s where he alledgedly got them from only had RJ on the envelope and not return address either. At least he is only in Pa. (within driving distance). I had another jerk from Oregon pull a fast one on a trade on a $4,000 animal a few years ago. It took a few months but I eventually won and got my animal back! Thanks again, Bill Lubak

Old 07-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #7
Iguanachic
Hey I live practically in the Poconos.I can try and find him if youd like.Im good friends witht eh only reptile dealer I know of within a hundred miles of here so she may know him.Let me know if you need anything

Old 07-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #8
NEWReptiles
I hope that this all gets cleared up for you. I know I would be pissed if this happened to me.

The price difference would be huge on 100%ers vs. 50%-66%ers

Old 07-17-2003, 05:37 PM   #9
BLREPS
Major difference! I don't mind raising up possible females from a reliable sorce with a 100% male from a reliable sorce, but to spend the time and money to raise them only to find out they were bougus animals really gets to me! I am getting much closer thanks to the help of other fellow herpers. The correct spelling of his name is Degnan and I have an address on him now too. I'm sure he is reading all this. It's not too late for him to come clean and reconcile this, if not, he won't be able to sell a worm in a bait shop when I get done! I know too many people in the buisness. He really should check out what people's professions are before he rips them off too. He's really going to be surprised! Thanks for your concerns and thanks to all for all the e-mails on this guy. I will keep you posted. Bill Lubak

Old 07-20-2003, 05:20 PM   #10
BLREPS
Just an update on Degnan

I received a tip from another reptile dealer that Degnan had recently purchased animals from. He gave me an address and a phone number. I tried calling the number and it was out of service. What a surprise. I gave Degnan until tomorrow to reply or I am filing interstate fraud charges against him. Thanks to all for all your help. Sincerely, Bill Lubak

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!