Problem with Shipyourreptiles.com and FedEx - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
LACERS
Problem with Shipyourreptiles.com and FedEx

So I paid this shipyourreptiles.com $50 to ship 3 baby rosy boas. They sent me the FedEx shipping label and a disclaimer to put on the box about being an authorized reptile shipper. Went to Drop it off at a FedEx facility and FedEx refused it saying they need shipyourreptiles.com FedEx shipping account number to verify shipper authorized to ship reptiles, not just a note saying they are authorized. I was mad so I called FedEx to complain and FedEx told me the same thing, without the shipyourreptiles.com FedEx account number to verify authorized shipping, we cannot accept the package or a schedule a pickup. So the problem is shipyourreptiles.com never put their FedEx account number on the shipping label or in the disclaimer note.

Ok so I called this shipyourreptiles.com, left a voice mail message as to what happened, requesting a refund and got no call back. Have I just been Scammed???

Old 11-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
radera5
If you are using SYR I would have to naturally say NO, you have NOT been scammed. I am not sure as to what the problem is exactly but I am confident you were not scammed.

SYR is a WONDERFUL company and I have yet to have ANY issues. I would keep waiting for them to return your call.

Robyn and Chad....and whoever else runs SYR are amazing people and usually on top of everything. I would guess a simple mishap that I am sure they will correct for you.
I would hold off on getting too worked up about this just yet.
Give them a chance to return your call and make things right. I am sure they will.

How long have you been waiting for a phone call from them?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
LACERS
I called yesterday right after I walked out the FedEx door so around 7 pm. The message I got when I called the phone number on the SYR site said their facility was destroyed by fire and to call Kevin on his Cell phone number for SYR. So I called the cell phone and left a message. You would think that cell phone mesage notification would be almost instantaneous, and since they have a phone order deadline of 1 pm if you want them to schedule FEDEX same day pickup, they would be working early and I would of gotten a call by now...

Oh well.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACERS View Post
So I paid this shipyourreptiles.com $50 to ship 3 baby rosy boas. They sent me the FedEx shipping label and a disclaimer to put on the box about being an authorized reptile shipper. Went to Drop it off at a FedEx facility and FedEx refused it saying they need shipyourreptiles.com FedEx shipping account number to verify shipper authorized to ship reptiles, not just a note saying they are authorized. I was mad so I called FedEx to complain and FedEx told me the same thing, without the shipyourreptiles.com FedEx account number to verify authorized shipping, we cannot accept the package or a schedule a pickup. So the problem is shipyourreptiles.com never put their FedEx account number on the shipping label or in the disclaimer note.

Ok so I called this shipyourreptiles.com, left a voice mail message as to what happened, requesting a refund and got no call back. Have I just been Scammed???
Your first step should have been to immediately contact SYR. THEY are the ones with the FedEx contract, not you. All you did was get angry and probably aggravate whoever you were talking to - which, by the way, was probably not the person that needed to be involved. SYR would contact their people at FedEx, who would then contact the hub to straighten it out.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Your first step should have been to immediately contact SYR. THEY are the ones with the FedEx contract, not you. All you did was get angry and probably aggravate whoever you were talking to - which, by the way, was probably not the person that needed to be involved. SYR would contact their people at FedEx, who would then contact the hub to straighten it out.
I agree.

I know these things can be frustrating (I have had my fair share of aggravating shipping experiences) but your best bet is to just stay calm and figure it out. I can almost guarantee if you keep it professional everything will get taken care of.
We all get angry at times but that will NOT solve anything. Try to get someone at SYR on the phone and have it straightened out.

Good luck to ya

Old 11-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
LACERS
Resolved it myself I hope. My employer has a contract with FedEx and I called our Rep I interact with at times and he knew I received snakes in the past Via FedEx so he worked things to get me a pickup this afternoon.

Talked to Kevin from SYR and this thing does happen, he offered any more help if I need it.

I guess that will be the last time I wear a Boston Celtics Paul Pierce 2008 Finals MVP Shirt into that FedEx center in LA! ROFLMAO!

Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACERS View Post
Resolved it myself I hope. My employer has a contract with FedEx and I called our Rep I interact with at times and he knew I received snakes in the past Via FedEx so he worked things to get me a pickup this afternoon.

Talked to Kevin from SYR and this thing does happen, he offered any more help if I need it.

I guess that will be the last time I wear a Boston Celtics Paul Pierce 2008 Finals MVP Shirt into that FedEx center in LA! ROFLMAO!
That could be the funniest thing I have ever hear
I could see how that might hurt ya

Glad it is taken care of.
On another note though I, myself would give SYR another chance. They single handedly (no idea how to spell that??) have us where we are being able to ship herps.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
That could be the funniest thing I have ever hear
I could see how that might hurt ya

Glad it is taken care of.
On another note though I, myself would give SYR another chance. They single handedly (no idea how to spell that??) have us where we are being able to ship herps.
heard.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
robyn@Pro Exotics
Glad to hear you got your pickup taken care of, and I am glad to hear you heard back from Kevin, sorry for the delay.

Our phone system was destroyed in our recent building fire, but we are taking calls on our cell phones, and email is fine. Other function is fine as well.

I finally got new phone service arranged for install today, 6 weeks after the fire. Amazing how long some of these things can take, very frustrating. I apologize if that contributed to any pickup delay, I will speak with Kevin about it.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
robyn@Pro Exotics
George, I have processed a refund for you on that shipment. I expect you will receive a prompt reply and follow up in the future. Thanks for your business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!