Shipping ball pythons to Puerto Rico - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Dennis Boimila
Shipping ball pythons to Puerto Rico

Has anyone shipped to Puerto Rico. Does anyone know what is required. Fedex says it does Priority overnights but I heard something about a health certification? Any info would be great.
Thanks Dennis Boimila

Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
hhmoore
My understanding is Delta, with health certificate...I saw one reference a couple years ago to a USFW response which stated as far as they knew, CITES documentation wasn't required as it is a US territory. (I would have thought USFW should have been able to give a Yes or No answer)

Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Dennis Boimila
Hi Everyone. Just an update on my shipping experience to Puerto Rico. After talking with fish and game and DNR in Puerto Rico they gave me all the steps. Ball pythons are ok to ship to the island. They are the only exotic snake allowed on the island. Ship thru Delta cargo right into San Juan airport. On the box it must be written Ball Pythons and Python reguis. As far as the health certificate fish and game as well as Puerto Rico DNR say they do not require them on ball Pythons. Delta says that they used to require the health certificate but no longer require them on reptiles. I had already aquired health certs so I sent them anyway. Delta was real easy to work with, you do not have to have an account with them and you can do everything right over the phone in advance just bring ID with you when you go to the airport to ship and your customer will need ID to pick up the snakes. After getting all my ducks in a row my shipment went just fine and my customer was very happy. He mentioned to me there is a ball python breeder on the island but he is very expensive, so my customer saved a lot of money by having them shipped in.
Thanks for everyone's help in this matter.
Dennis Boimila

Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
amcroyals
Can you tell me how recently you shipped and the total cost for Delta Dash.
Thx

Old 01-16-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
Dennis Boimila
I just sent another shipment on 1/13/2014. 2 baby ball pythons. Shipping cost will vary depending on where you live, but cost seems to be about what FedEx charges to ship to P.R.
However Do not use FedEx as they are not set up to have live animals inspected at San Juan airport. You can call Delta Cargo and get a free shipping quote right over the phone.
Also vet health certificates are required for each animal you send. Hope this helps.
Dennis Boimila
AdsSnakes

Old 01-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
amcroyals
Dennis, your previous post states that health certificate is not required. I'm confused on that now...lol

Thanks for the info

Old 01-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
Dennis Boimila
At the time of the first posting the DNR in PR said no longer needed them(I had them already so I sent them anyway). This time I called them again and they said they are required. So I had my customer in PR call them (my spanish is not good) and my customer confirmed they are needed. Since it is better to be safe than sorry I recomend health certificates be sent with shipments. Someone could possibly call them tomorrow and get a different answer (seems to depend on who answers the phone down there) but I would not want to take a chance of my shipment being confiscated because of a missing health certificate.

Dennis Boimila

Old 01-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
amcroyals
Gotcha

Old 01-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
FireStorm
Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for this info. So you didn't have to become a known shipper with Delta? I had heard they dropped this requirement but wasn't sure.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
amcroyals
Anyone can ship live animals via delta.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!