What would you do?? Shipping address and name not the same - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
allreptiles1966
What would you do?? Shipping address and name not the same

I have a person who bought a boa from me under a name from on here .
They are from Mi. The name I got paid from is different than the name on the fauna account,and they also want me to ship to a different address than the pay pal account.

I already got burned by someone for a sunglow from Mi.(Chris Taylor) So I'm very skeptical about doing this. It feels wrong and I just don't like all the different names and addresses.

Opinions please

Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Payara
I would go with your instincts. You can always find another buyer.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
bcr229
Is the account fairly new or is it someone who has been a member for a while and who has a decent reputation? Have you asked the buyer to explain the discrepancies?

If you don't get satisfactory answers then give a refund and if the buyer still wants the snake then IMO your reputation is good enough that you can ask for a USPS MO as payment.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
allreptiles1966
Can you have more than one address linked with one account from pay pal ?

I was told they checked the wrong address to ship to. But I got a note with the payment to send to this address please. And they gave me a different address to ship to that differed from the PP account.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Is the account fairly new or is it someone who has been a member for a while and who has a decent reputation? Have you asked the buyer to explain the discrepancies?

If you don't get satisfactory answers then give a refund and if the buyer still wants the snake then IMO your reputation is good enough that you can ask for a USPS MO as payment.

Older member without any activity. No rep,no anything.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
hhmoore
Yes, a person can have more than one address attached to a PayPal account...however, as the seller, you lose your protection of you ship to a location other that the one shown on the payment.
The name discrepancy is big, and should bring things to a screeching halt (some explanations are reasonable & valid....but get it in writing of you choose to proceed). As far as the explanation you were given about the address - my suggestion would be to tell the buyer you will refund the payment, so he(she) can resubmit with the proper address.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 AM   #7
LauraB
I have to agree with Koshy and Harald. Gut says "no".

Refund and then deal with a buyer you don't have to go hoops through. It should be plain and very simple.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #8
chrisis697
Good topic, im going thru same thing. Im having a snake shipped out this week but have to work so my girlfriend is receiving him. Also at the point in time when i purchased him it was the weekend so i couldnt deposit money in my paypal account so i payed for him with my girlfriends paypal account. Plus like i said i work so i asked for the snake to be shipped to the house where my girlfriend is babysitting. Of course that address doesnt match the paypal one. Now the sender cant ship till tomorrow & my girlfriend will be at home, not baby sitting. So i had to give him another address which is my home. The whole way thru this i have explained everything to the seller so there is no issue. If there not explaining things to you then it seems a lil shady. I feel if there is reasonable explnations its ok when addresses dont match, but then again i havent bin burned yet here. Hope i never am, haha.
Good luck.
Chris
B and S Pythons/facebook

Old 06-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #9
Lucille
11. Protection for Sellers.
11.1 PayPal Seller Protection.
PayPal Seller protection is protection we provide Sellers from Claims, Chargebacks, or Reversals that are based on:
Unauthorized Transaction or
Item Not Received
PayPal Seller protection is available for eligible payments from buyers in any country. When a U.S. seller sells an item to a U.K. buyer, the U.K. buyer protection rules will apply to that transaction.
11.2 Scope of Protection.

PayPal will protect you for the full amount of the eligible payment and waive the Chargeback Fee, if applicable. There is no limit on the number of payments for which you can receive coverage.

11.3 Eligibility Requirements.

To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).

Basic Requirements:
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.

You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
Item Not Received Additional Requirements:
For Chargebacks, the payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4.
If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 Days after receipt of payment.
Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:
The payment must be marked “eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
You must provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
11. Protection for Sellers.
11.1 PayPal Seller Protection.
PayPal Seller protection is protection we provide Sellers from Claims, Chargebacks, or Reversals that are based on:
Unauthorized Transaction or
Item Not Received
PayPal Seller protection is available for eligible payments from buyers in any country. When a U.S. seller sells an item to a U.K. buyer, the U.K. buyer protection rules will apply to that transaction.
11.2 Scope of Protection.

PayPal will protect you for the full amount of the eligible payment and waive the Chargeback Fee, if applicable. There is no limit on the number of payments for which you can receive coverage.

11.3 Eligibility Requirements.

To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).

Basic Requirements:
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.

You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
Item Not Received Additional Requirements:
For Chargebacks, the payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4.
If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 Days after receipt of payment.
Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:
The payment must be marked “eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
You must provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery.
I have this already,but thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!