What would you do?? Shipping address and name not the same - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #21
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Ok,I talked to both parties of the whole deal and feel comfortable with their reason and have decided to ship.

They paid with a verified account with one address that didn't match the address they wanted me to ship to, So I had them send me a dollar from same name with the proper address they wanted me to ship to. It all matched up and both the address are verified. Which goes through their bank, I believe.

Plus they were totally nice and didn't sound to be lying at all.

We'll see tomorrow morning huh?

Thanks all
Lol, you posted as I was proofing.
Also, I have nothing against people who have yet to build a reputation, you got to start somewhere right?

I like how you managed the situation.
Hope it all goes smooth as silk for you

Old 06-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #22
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
Lol, you posted as I was proofing.
Also, I have nothing against people who have yet to build a reputation, you got to start somewhere right?

I like how you managed the situation.
Hope it all goes smooth as silk for you

If all goes well,I'll be glad to send them a trader point and a good guy on this.

And if not,we all have learned who not to deal with and what not to do.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Sorry, but that's a crock.
If the story doesn't line up, the best thing a seller can do is refund the payment and end the deal. The seller doesn't "need to dig" to try to make sense of things. He can if he wants; but that's likely delaying the inevitable. Ask once - if the answer doesn't smell right, or is otherwise unacceptable - move on.
Actually my first posts suggests giving a refund and then using a more secure (for the seller) form of payment to protect himself - we've all read the PP horror stories where buyers end up with the animal and the refund. My advice to do more research into the buyer was based on my assumption that the OP wanted to continue moving forward with the deal, and then make a decision.

Since it looks like he's going through with it after speaking with the buyer, I hope the deal works out well for both parties.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #24
allreptiles1966
Ut oh. They did not sign for the snake this morning and they won't reply to me via phone or text.

What to do? Get it shipped back to me ??

He emailed me saying I see he's on the truck. I said,you missed delivery,call me. He hasn't yet

Advice. Without saying I told you so. Please

Fed ex will redeliver at my request,proving I talk to someone who will be at the address. It seems it's a store that wasn't open??

New news,the girl works night shift and fell asleep this morning.Both he and she called concerned. So maybe all is ok. They will go get him.
I'll keep you informed on this couple.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #25
norcalCham
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Ut oh. They did not sign for the snake this morning and they won't reply to me via phone or text.

What to do? Get it shipped back to me ??

He emailed me saying I see he's on the truck. I said,you missed delivery,call me. He hasn't yet

Advice. Without saying I told you so. Please

Fed ex will redeliver at my request,proving I talk to someone who will be at the address. It seems it's a store that wasn't open??

Hi,
how did this turn out?

New news,the girl works night shift and fell asleep this morning.Both he and she called concerned. So maybe all is ok. They will go get him.
I'll keep you informed on this couple.
Hello,
Im wondering how the delivery turned out?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #26
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalCham View Post
Hello,
Im wondering how the delivery turned out?
Lmao. It went poorly. But they got it. The person works night shift and fell asleep and never answered the door. So they chased it all over. The FED EX driver was suppose to bring it to a hub. He didn't. I called FED EX and told them to redeliver,they said that would work. They never did. So at 5:30 they ran to the hub where they drop off stuff left on truck. They got it. They were happy. Good thing is that temps that day never hit 80.

I will not be looking forward to dealing with this again.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #27
AbsoluteApril
sounds like it all worked out so that's good.

My advise was going to be to just ask what the deal was and go from there.

I had something similar happen, I recognized the name of the person the buyer was asking me to ship to, so I contacted that guy so I could ensure someone would be available to sign and turns out the guy was selling my snakes to him third party (he got mad I had contacted the person to ship to of course). Anyways, ask and go with your gut is my advise.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #28
norcalCham
Glad to hear it all worked out. I'm so excited when a new pkg. Is coming I could never fall asleep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Old 06-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #29
Reptile Frenzy
The paypal account i use to buy snakes is in my wife's name. She is the only one that has a verified paypal but i should be able to get on their too once i become a member at her bank. We just got married 2 weeks ago. Now the shipping address is correct though because i have our home address and work address on there. I get all our snakes shipped to my work so they wont be sitting out while im working and no one is home. Go on instincts and make the best decision possible. Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!