A few lizards for adoption - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
rosebud945
A few lizards for adoption

I have a few lizards that are fully rehabbed, vetted rescues that I need to find homes for. These are LTC or captive bred, and I will be picky about where they go because they have already endured poor care in the past. They are looking for good, forever homes. I prefer local pickup, but will consider shipping to the right home.

Please visit my web site for picks and stories, and to fill out an application.
http://rosebudshouse.webs.com/adoptableanimals.htm

Available:
Male sub adult Bearded Dragon
Black Lined Plated Lizard pair, 1.1

Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
fosterz
i would love the platies have had experience in the past, similar to tiliqua requirements

Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
rosebud945
Actually, their care is somewhat different.

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about these lizards. The bearded dragon just went to a wonderful home, and the female plated is gravid, so she is no longer available for adoption at this time. I do not believe in moving gravid females, so I will make a decision about the pair after she lays.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
fosterz
how so

Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
rosebud945
Well, for one thing, these guys bask at higher temps than do BTS. They also really need soil to dig in if they are to be really healthy and happy. I don't keep soil in the BTS vivs but I do always provide soil for the plateds to dig in. Finally, they have a higher metabolism than BTS and eat every day, whereas I feed the Blue Tongues every other day or a few times a week. I am also mixed as to whether or not BTS really need UVB, but the plateds do. They do extremely well in natural sunlight or under MVBs.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
fosterz
huh, very interesting. thanks for your time

Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
NeoReptiliac
is the bearded dragon still available for adoption?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
rosebud945
No, sorry. He went to his new home a few days ago.

Zach, I got your app. and will hold on to it. I can't even consider adopting out and moving a gravid female, but once she lays, I will reassess.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #9
reptile-phan
every lizard should have uvb even if people say they dont and the reason i say that is it cant hurt them and an extra $20 every 6 months wont hurt you or your lizard. if every1 went by thins no animal would really get MBD i work at a pet shop and i cant stress enough how important uvb is and with animals like crested geckos where people say they dont need uvb. right now thier gene pool is so mixed up its better to be safe then sorry you know

Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
Stickdemdeep
By plated lizard are you talking about a shingle back?!?!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!