Baby Savannah Monitor Free To Good Home - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
chamlover85
Baby Savannah Monitor Free To Good Home

Hello all! I have a baby savannah monitor up for adoption. I would like to work something out with someone local (south jersey area), as he is not in the best of shape to be shipped but, still going strong. Between my job and taking care of all my other reptiles it is getting to be overload.

Damien is about 6 inches long and was purchaced from underground reptiles back in March. He was doing great and then all of a sudden started dragging himself one day. I went online for several answers and things to do while deciding on what vet in my area to take him to. He is currently on three different medications calcium glubionate, lactulose and bactrim he takes a drop of these a day with each hand feeding along with repta+boost. It has been four months and he is still kicking. I have had alot of faith in him and it has seemed to be proving itself. The vet first placed him on the medications and said it may be MBD. Prior to taking him he had some shed on his tale that was loose and when I removed it there was a hole in his tale. As of right now he is on the antibiotics to rid him of any infection and I am still waiting for the end of the tail to drop. He still takes an interest in his crickets and tries to chase then but instead of running, scoots. He has become very tame with all the hand feeding and no longer hisses. The second time he went to the vet for a follow up we did an xray which showed alot of gas and food in his system but no compaction. He was very bloated and so she probed him in the abdomen with a needle to try to remove it all. She said it does not always work but it was not an expensive procedure so I told her to go for it. She called me and said she had managed to remove it all and squeeze some urates out of him and that he was doing fine. Since then he has still not pooped but is passing urates. He means the world to me and I want nothing more than for him to get better. Right now however, it is hard to manage working and taking care off 7 other herps plus Damien.

If anyone is interested pm me! I would love to see this little one thrive with someone that has more experience and time. I have a feeling he is going to make it he will just always need a little bit more attention.
Thank you!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
patrick9201
hey was wondering if you still had him up for grabs?

Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
chamlover85
Damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick9201 View Post
hey was wondering if you still had him up for grabs?
Yes I do!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
patrick9201
How much would it cost to ship him to 21719

Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
BurmBallsandBloods1977
Wink

He is cute as a botton. God I wish I had room for him. Do you still have him. Its very hard to get someone to take a not 100% animal. But he is a cutie!!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
chamlover85
I do still have him i am trying to work with someone local. He is not in the best of shape to be shipped.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
reticguy76
If anything falls through, Im in veterinary medicine in emergency/critical care (licensed) as well im reptile/amphibian medicine.

If local doesnt workout, and you want to try shipping him out to me in phoenix, I will work with him. I rehab and rescue herps in my spare time, as I have access to just about any meds and therapies. If he wont make it shipping, and is that bad of shape, he probably isnt going to make it there. So, if the local thing doesnt workout, and you want to ship and see what happens, I will take him and work with him

Old 08-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
thebiotch76
I live in Pa, and if you want we can try to work something out, i have lots of experience with Monitors. my email is Thebiotch76@yahoo.com

Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
Antonio dyson
Do u still have him

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!