Edit your own posts?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:30 PM   #1
kmurphy
Edit your own posts??

I am not a computer wiz so I don't know if this is difficult or not. I am also not sure this is the correct forum to post this in. Is there any way the threads can be changed to allow a writer to edit their own posts? Sometimes, actually often, I notice an error in a post I've written that looks ridiculous and it would be nice to be able to open it up and correct it. I've seen this in other forums and it usually says something like "Edited for spelling" after the posts has been changed.

Thanks
Kevin

Old 05-30-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
norsmis
I believe you have to be a Contributor level member or above to edit posts. And the BOI is locked for editing. The only people who can make changes there are Super Mods.....

Old 05-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
kmurphy
Thanks Ron, Makes sense. Can't seem to find the membership level area and how you can upgrade. I wouldn't upgrade just for that but I spend enough time on here so that I should contribute more.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Thanks Ron, Makes sense. Can't seem to find the membership level area and how you can upgrade. I wouldn't upgrade just for that but I spend enough time on here so that I should contribute more.
Go to your User CP. Then on the left hand side you will see your Control Panel. Scroll down until you see "Paid Subscriptions" under the Miscellaneous heading. Click on "Paid Subscriptions" and you will see all of the options. Hope that helps.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
norsmis
No problem. Looks like Sammy beat me to the paid subscription thing..... Thanks Sammy!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
kmurphy
Thanks Sammy, I knew I had seen it somewhere but when you're looking for it it's not the easiest thing to find.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
DAND
My signature makes it easy. All you have to do is find one of my posts (if you can).

Old 05-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #8
DAND
It also appears there is a link at the top of the page in the lighter green bar on all pages just above the category of each section:

Quote:
Want to become a contributing member of FaunaClassifieds? Click here.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #9
hhmoore
Or, you can click on the "fauna coins" below anybody's screenname, and it will bring you there
(its nice to have options, lol)

Old 06-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #10
kmurphy
Now I feel dumb.

I can justify not knowing that it was in the "User CP" area or that you could click on the coins, but when it is in a bar pasted accross the top of the screen you've gotta feel stupid.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...te=1&p=393168#
Ack2

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!