PLEASE NOTE about contacting the admin of this site! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #31
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Frog View Post
Thanks for helping out Ed.

Old 05-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #32
WebSlave
Alrighty then, time for another reminder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
To reiterate some issues concerning emails.

Please whitelist my email address listed above. And regardless, please check your junk mail or spam mail folder occasionally. The anonymous email providers (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) while allowing spammers to freely use their services, will oftentimes block legitimate emails from many message board systems based on nothing more than the VOLUME of emails such systems will issue to their members. Lamebrained? You bet! And there is typically no way to contact anyone at those providers to get them to see just how lamebrained such blanket policies are.

Seriously, I will often get emails from people from such services, and when I reply requesting more info and such, I often do not get a reply, leading me to believe that they probably did not get my response email. So what can I do about that to help them? Not a damned thing. Heck, I sometimes get notices of people signing up for sponsorships, and I will send them the form request for the info I need to set that up for them. Sometimes I don't get a reply, and quite honestly, I rarely remember to go back to check up on such things. So if they don't follow up with a PM here on this site, realizing the problem with their email, and also forget about paying for said sponsorship, then it will simply fall through the cracks and stay there. Sooner or later they will likely realize this, and I will start their sponsorship once communication has been established, but beyond that, not much else I can do.

So, again, it is in YOUR best interests to make certain that YOU can receive emails from this site. I've done all I can from this end, but YOUR email service provider is outside of my control. Worse comes to worse, you may just want to consider finding an email service that isn't quite so brain dead. I've SERIOUSLY considered just outright blocking those email providers because they throw a seriously large monkey wrench into my attempts to verify that member registrations are legit. Not really a feasible solution, of course, but more than once I've been frustrate enough to seriously consider it, regardless.
I've gotten quite a few emails lately from people asking for help, but when I asked them for more information (like a member name) via an email reply I don't hear back from many of them. I DO respond to emails. If you are not getting that response, then I am sorry, but you need to change something on your end. Since I DO get responses from many people, and many people are able to complete the email verification during registration, I have no choice but to assume that some people are just going a bit overboard with their spam detection and/or blocking, and basically locking themselves into a closet.

Again, please whitelist "webmaster@faunaclassifieds.com" with your ISP, or whatever email processor you are using. That means gmail, yahoo, AOL, etc., etc. Some will block emails without any input on your end about what constitutes spam or not, so be proactive about this. Sooner or later you just might want to contact me via email. And I do reply to your emails. But there is absolutely nothing I can do about YOUR not being able to receive them because of one or more settings you (or your email processor) have applied to your own email handling.

Old 07-05-2022, 03:05 PM   #33
suncharmers
Fraud/ Scam * pertaining to calssifieds

Where does this go... When there is a person trying to scam you in classifieds? I want people and you to be aware, but didnt know where to put it.

Wanted to buy a group of lizards from me, said he would send a cashiers check. The old scam, I then get a text saying he sent the check but sent way too much, mistake, could I figure out how much over he was and reimburse him, he will contact me as to where to send the extra funds. I was immediately on to it as I heard a friend say this happened to him, by the time the bank finds out the check is fraudulent , you have already send your lizards and the extra money he was over on the check. NASTY
Here is how he registered here.

HoganVanish 1

Name : Hogan Vanish
hoganvanish1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trader Rating: (0)

Old 05-26-2023, 04:59 PM   #35
Trickymic
Need to talk to an administrator

If any of the admins could message me or call 8145968326 to speak with me about an issue itd be appreciated

Old 05-26-2023, 05:17 PM   #36
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymic View Post
If any of the admins could message me or call 8145968326 to speak with me about an issue itd be appreciated
Sent you a pm

Old 09-13-2023, 11:22 AM   #37
WebSlave
For those who know why (and those then don't, well figure it out) I am not going to waste my time answering frivolous or ridiculous emails any longer. Don't ask me why you were banned. You certainly know and had fair warning before it happened.

You don't like this site because I have had to run ads to try to make ends meet? Tough. I had to do what I had to do. If you think I am going to spend my time running this site for free for YOU so you can freely post your animals and merchandise all day long for free, well, get real and exit from that fantasy world you are living in.

In other words, I have much more important things to deal with now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!