savannah monitor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Mrs.Oz
Talking savannah monitor

Our Monitor is our pet and we love him but with an expanding family we have decided it is time to look for a now home where our pet can get more attention. I got "him" April 24th 2008 as a small hatchling and hand raised him. Have never been bitten. His name is Quest and he is 2ft and quite cheeky. Almost always uses his "potty" tub, can use a leash but prefers to run free, comes to the glass to be hand fed frozen thawed adult mice and eggs, would eat roaches and monitor diet but can be lazy. lost a toe 2 winters ago, we think he broke it, received proper medical care and has no ill effects. Has a small burn from an infrared bulb, its fully healed years now but left a small white mark on his back by his shoulders. Will let you hold him, Will escape from anything, door to cage got left open a few months ago, like 2 inches and he was downstairs when I got home, he likes to get into, under and wrap up in things, currently housed in a 6ft vision cage, but we would like to see 2ft added to his enclosure in all directions. Quest would go to a home with an experienced adult keeper, one who would provide him with proper medical care and understands how to keep this animal and would hopefully build him a bigger escape proof cage. This animal doesn't defend himself and has never needed to. We have cats and dogs and we just keep them out of his room as I think they might eat him he's all posturing, haven't seen follow through. Takes time to warm up to people and it's been a while since he was handled daily but he has always been quite tame, when I got married my 100% inexperienced with reptiles husband easily learned to care for him. I have a pic of him sleeping in his lap somewhere. We just really want him to get the attention he got so used to. If you fit our qualifications and can build a big enclosure or buy one, we have a number of things that would work with a big enclosure, we keep planning to really build something, the vision cage isn't free but it could go for $300 negotiable and all other stuff would be free (lighting something like 6? fixtures I think a few different kinds, uvb fixture, big driftwood, large heavy flat stone, his "potty" a few bowls, some large bowls, filter, water feature, mister that I may have broken but can probably be fixed if you understand machines, we have a modified 45gal breeder that you could have if you keep smaller reps, worked great for baby sav. Email with interest. Onus_probandi@yahoo.com
I won't ship as we really love him and I just can't do it, but we are willing to drive and maybe meet part way or more if you aren't super far away. We are in NYS near PA If you live really really far but are really interested we may be able to work something out. email for photos, I have tons and can take any specific pics you want.
[]http://www.reptilechannel.com/blog/photoviewer.aspx?apid=113305&idx=10

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!