males not breeding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
ABDragons
males not breeding?

Hi, i have tryed many different things. I have males from 1 to 3 years old that i dont think are breeding. I have 6 females doing push ups. I put them with a male and all of my males will bob there head. Some will mount the females and attempt to breed but wont lock. Others will just bob there head and do circles but will not attempt to breed. I have tryed them with different females different males but nothing has worked. When i switch the females around they still do push ups. I was wondering if the females will breed with more then one male? I was also wondering if the males wont breed the females in the first 30 mins but they might breed them in 24 hours? I leave my males with the females for 48 hours then a 2 day break then different males with different females. If you have any input feel free to comment.

Thank You

Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Ed Clark
How will you know which male bred which female by switching the males as often as you did?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
How will you know which male bred which female by switching the males as often as you did?
I was wondering the same thing.

I have 2 males that I am not sure are breeding. I put the females with the males for 24 hours & then wait 20 to 40 days.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
LizardLover7
Have you tried forcing a brumation cycle? I have a male that I have also seen "try to breed" but, not actually lock up but I just leave them alone and I always get eggs. I think mines shy because he'll stop in his tracks if he sees me peeking. lol Give me a call and I'll help any way I can. 720-318-3731 Good luck!
-Zach

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
LizardLover7
Here's a video of the male I was talking about trying to breed. And, I got eggs after this video was shot even though I didn't actually see them lock up. Hope this helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8uNR8tbkQc

Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
barbie
I can tell you that you will be very disapointed if you come out with some cool babys and dont know what male bred to your female and it cant be recreated with out years of breeding

Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
HeatherN
my male would always be very interested in mating, but like you, i never saw him lock up, but he spent a lot of time with the girl i had him paired up, couple weeks later, the girl was ready to pop with 26 eggs! his methods may be different, but i cant argue with results like that! i just say, if theyre not hurting the females more than the average mating does, leave em together for a "day" (one light cycle, but not at night) rest up the female, then repeat!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!