Caution: Witblits scammers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
witblits
Caution: Witblits scammers

Hi guys

I just want to put this out there so that all of you are aware of this.

With the increased supply of Witblits bearded dragons and the sale of them to coutries worldwide a few crooks have already seen the chance to scam people into buying dragons that are so called Witblits or Witblits hets. I have had a few requesta from people mostly in USA and Europe that they can buy a Witblits or Witblits hets from someone. None of these were Witblits!

Remember a scammer can quite easy sell a normal bearded dragon as a het as there is no way to tell a het from a normal except if their genetics is known.

Please be wary when buying a Witblits bearded dragon or a het from anyone!

The breeders that have bought from us will ALL (with the exception of two) have a unique owners certificate (see attached picture). Each and every single Witblits dargon and het will have their own certificate.

It is my recommendation that when you are looking at buying a Witblits to ask the breeder to see the certificates or to contact us and ask if we have sold any dragons to breeder. We have copies of all the certificates and a picture database of all the dargons sold. This helps in identifying hets down the line. Thus if you send us the pic of the het you want to buy we can double check in our database whether it is truly one of our hets.

See the attached certificate. The labels are quite self explanatory.

I am hoping (and believe they will) that every breeder that has purchased a dragon from us will keep accurate records so that we do not lose track of where the true Witblits hets are going.

Please do not be scammed!
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
Lucille
I applaud your efforts to route scammers. Registries are good in theory, but paperwork IMHO is only as good as the vendor it is received from. Even the AKC dog registry is subject to scamming, I have recently seen on CL offers to provide fake AKC papers. I researched your Witblit costs and at around $4,000 sales price each, there's a lot of incentive for fake hets, compared with ordinary dragon prices those are for the moment high. Good luck though, maybe the registry will work for you.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
john.r1
In dogs they get micro chipped. I don't no how big the chip is but maybe you could put one in a dragon ?

Old 03-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
AGoodwin
micro chips are about the size of a grain of rice.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
barbie
ya could be an option

Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
witblits
All our adult dragons are chipped. it would be a little cruel to stick that trhick needle into a small dragon.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
radera5
Uncomfortable for a second...maybe. Cruel not so much. No one likes shots BUT they are certainly not cruel.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
DNA Dragons
I am pretty sure others have produced het witblits.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
pdragon
There is a lot of het and poss. het witblits out there.

Josh

Old 03-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
witblits
That is right DNA. As Josh said, there are a few hets around.

That is the reason why certain people are scammed. Juts make sure that you know they are Witblits (and not a mark. leucistics as has been sold to a certain breeder as Witblits...) and true hets (which is impossible to tell unless you know the origin!)

Cheers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!