Herpenclosures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
whitneywee
Herpenclosures

Has anyone else had trouble with herpenclosures? I ordered and paid for cages and racks at the Daytona Expo in August 07. Haven't received anything despite multiple emails and phone calls. Currently phone calls meet a full message capacity. Mark Hauge

Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
snakewrangler
I own two herpenclosures racks. I'm pleased with the quality, and for a while, the price was right.

The first time I ordered a rack, I pre-ordered for the pickup at Hamburg. This was before Rich's website had the 'shopping cart' feature, so I just emailed him directly and asked him to bring me one. He responded immediately, and I drove up there cash-in-hand. I walked over to his table and introduced myself and he had no recollection of anyone pre-ordering a rack. Luckily, there were still some there, and I took one home with me. I was a little annoyed, but I could tell that he had a million things going on at the show, so it wasn't a big deal.

I decided that I wanted another one, so I emailed him again and asked if he would bring me one to the August 2007 Hamburg show. He said yes and I drove up there and picked it up. I had no idea that the price had jumped up $40 from the last time I bought one, but he gave it to me at the old price.

I think Rich is a good guy with a good product, I have just gotten to the point where I should be building my own racks instead of paying $300 for one.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #3
wcreptiles
I ordered two racks September 17, 2007 for $774.00 (CC charged 10/19) and haven't received them yet. I have had no response from Emails since October 23 (about 4 emails). I was going to start calling today.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Daniel Moore
Hey there Mark
fellow 'sotan here. Dealt with Rich the begging of last year, great cages took a hell of alot longer than expected machine issues weather etc- and some no calls you name it he and I went through it, but in his defense got 2 free cages at no cost to me SHIPPED so that offset the issues. I would do business with Rich again, and I may do so in the near future.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
wcreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcreptiles
I ordered two racks September 17, 2007 for $774.00 (CC charged 10/19) and haven't received them yet. I have had no response from Emails since October 23 (about 4 emails). I was going to start calling today.
I talked to Rich yesterday and he said my cages were made and shipped late October and their location is unknown at this time. Most likely they went to the wrong customer, possibly they are sitting on a shipping dock. I had them held a week because I was out of town is how the mix up occurred.

If he can't find them he will get me racks ASAP; it appears all is moving on my order.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:15 AM   #6
John E Dove
Mr. Flickner,
Were you not notified that they had been shipped?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
wcreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Mr. Flickner,
Were you not notified that they had been shipped?
No, otherwise I would have called much sooner.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
LauraB
Additionally, was/is there no tracking number?

~ Laura Bolt

Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
wcreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
Additionally, was/is there no tracking number?

~ Laura Bolt
My original racks were either included with some else's order, accidentally taken to a show and sold or beamed into space. It happens sometimes.

What's important is; with one phone call the problem is being addressed, Rich is moving to get new racks shipped. I've talked to him twice and he's left one message, he's working on the problem. I anticipate a positive resolution.

As far as I'm concerned I'm done here, I will post a final out come when my racks arrive. Remember I'm not the OP.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
Skiploder
I have ordered several cages from Rich.

I do know that this fall, he was having issues with the router and that by December it was fixed. I think he had quite a backlog by that time.......

Anyway, last summer, I ordered two 48" cages from him. It was a late order on my part as I had animals coming in in less than seven days.

Rich personally drove the cages to the nearest Delta Dash facility in an effort to ensure that I got them in time. One of the cages was damaged during shipping by Delta (they noted it as such).

I fixed the cage so that it could be used (the damage was in back). When I informed Rich, he told that he would send me a new cage. I insisted that the cage was fine and that I could use it. He would have none of it and told me that not only could I keep the cage, but he would send me a new one.

While this in no way excuses a lack of communication over equipment issues or late shipments, my experiences with Rich have been more than positive. I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!