Inquiry We Got Herps - any opinions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Salzy
We Got Herps - any opinions

I've been seeing beautiful Uroplatus geckos for sale by this company on Kingsnake, and was interested to see if anyone had some information on them. I did a search here for past BOI threads, and came up with some regarding Phil Hackberry, but not John...which is the contact name now listed in the Kingsnake ads. (I'm not sure what it used to be or if anything has even changed)

The animals seem to be healthy, but I haven't ordered reptiles online for a long long time, so it's hard for me to trust folks without some recommendation.

Just looking for some insight. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
brodie691
I have been searching myself for info on them as i wanted to do some business with them, but.......... They don't seem to want to answer e:mails so i took my business elsewhere. I sent them several e:mails (not sure they received them so it might be my fault) and they never replied so i gave up.
They do have some nice animals it seems from the photos though.

Good luck!

matthew watkins

Old 03-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
brodie691
Well it seems i was wrong, they did e:mail me today actually. They said that their e:mails get backed up and at times it can just take them a bit to get back with a prospective customer. I don't know much more about them than that though. I may end up doing some business with them here before long, and if so will post my experience ASAP. If anyone else has any info on them please come forth as i too as well as the original poster would love to hear from some of you whom have conducted transactions with them before.

thanks,

matthew watkins

Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
FireLineExotics
I would like to tell you my experience with We Got Herps. A few weeks ago I started looking for a new source to get some reptiles from to sell at shows. Things didnt work out with the person I had been getting from.. So I started searching for some place where I could get quality reptiles that are taken care of etc. My search led to We got Herps. I e-mailed asking for a list of available reptiles prices and things of that nature. Within a day or so I had an e-mail with a list attached of a good variety of animals, and fairly priced. Every question I had was answered without any time to spare. So after talking with the owner Phil I decided to make a purchase. He checked my weather to make sure the night time temps were safe enough to ship that night and he told me that he would pack my order and send it out for the next morning arrival. he gave me a shipping quoat of 78.80 it ended up being 109.00 Phil still only charged me 78.80 he covered the extra and my order wasn't for more than 300.00.
Everything arrived in the morning alive, Fat and extra healthy.the pack job was very professional. I couldn't have been more happy with what I got, everything was A+++
He called me around 12:00 to make sure everything was there and make sure I was very happy....From that point on I have made a few other purchases and I am very happy with everything! Any time I have had a question Phil has answered it promptly as he can ( I know how hard it can be with running a business and shipping a lot of orders etc.
So anyway from my dealings with them I would tell anyone who is looking to buy from them GO FOR IT you wont be unhappy.. I am going to continue to myself.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
torchredmach
Thumbs up PHIL HACKENBERRY WEGOTHERPS

I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I MUST SAY I REALLY ENJOY IT.I WANTED TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW MUCH OF A HELP MR.HACKENBERRY WAS TO ME.I PURCHASED A GTP AND A SAVU PYTHON FROM HIM AND HE IS JUST GREAT WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE AND SERVICE.MY PYTHONS ARRIVED THE NEXT DAY AS HE SAID AND WERE IN GREAT HEALTH.GREAT FEEDERS AND HE ALSO CALLED ME TO CHECK ON THEM AND THEIR SAFTY.HE ALSO TOOK TIME TO EDUCATE ME ON THE RIGORS OF GTP S.I EVEN HAD TO CALL HIM AFTER HOURS FOR SOME HELP ON MY GTP AND HE WAS NOTHING BUT NICE TO ME.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIS SERVICE TO ANYBODY WHO LOVES REPTILES.AS FOR ME,I WILL ONLY PURCHASE MY REPTILES FROM WEGOTHERPS AND PHIL FROM NOW ON.HE EVEN INVITED ME TO VISIT HIS STORE WHEN I VISIT FLORIDA IN SUMMER.THIS IS ONE A PLUS BUSINESS.THANKS SO MUCH PHIL,I WILL BE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. ASHLEY WOODWARD

Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
greg c
JUST LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE PHIL HAS SCAMMED LATELY, DO NOT BUY OR DEAL WITH PHIL OF WEGOTHERPS.COM WHEN YOU SEE ONE OF HIS ADS RUN LIKE HELL

Old 08-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
monitors007
try contacting him now cause he nor john will not even contact you back if they have outstanding debts to you or scammed you in some way. you cant even contact them anymore thru the website addy anymore and all numbers come up out of service or for some water purification site. so good luck and the new cell number i was given as well for mr. phil, he wont even reply back or call back so if you are a new buyer, you will be treated like a king or queen but if you are someone he has dealt with good or bad, good luck trying to get in contact with him. he owes me a cbb blood python and have been trying to contact him for awhile now. please read as many feedbacks about this gentleman and how he does business along with his, right hand man, john and then make your mind up but beware and sure you want to take that trip of stories and whoppers of stories about his life...it all has been proven and documented about what we have all have heard from this man so please be careful and make sure you want to take that chance. just would like to hear back from him and see what exactly is the truth on why he changed phone numbers and shut down the website and exactly why.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
greg c
scamming again, DO NOT BUY FROM PHIL OF WEGOTHERPS, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM SOME FREE MONEY.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
greg c
search wegotherps.com and look at his new site, well looks like phil is up and scamming again, DO NOT BUY FROM PHIL OF WEGOTHERPS, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM SOME FREE MONEY

Old 12-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
greg c
Beware, Phil is up and running again and placing many ads on KS, do not buy from WEGOTHERPS unless you feel like giving them some free money like we all did when we were scammed. 12/24/09

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!