Info Please make a difference: sign up for a membership on Dec. 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Lucille
Please make a difference: sign up for a membership on Dec. 31

We can make a difference!! Rich has said he would decide on the fate of the BOI on the 31st. So many people have signed up for memberships and we really want the BOI to stay. PLEASE if you've been thinking about it, sign up and contribute that day.

There's a slogan I've heard here and there, and I believe in it:

Together, we can!!

Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
JordanAng420
Rich, can I update my membership from the $25 to the next step up? I'm not sure how i'd go about doing that, or if it would help.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Rich, can I update my membership from the $25 to the next step up? I'm not sure how i'd go about doing that, or if it would help.
You are awesome...

Old 12-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
elkmillbillyreptiles
The BOI has saved me once. Just click on anyones coin. Help keep the BOI alive. Thank you in advance.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Sure...... Normally I will only process upgrades if the current paid membership is 6 months or less old. But things are getting down to the wire and it will be the TOTAL picture that counts.

BTW, when I say the "total picture" I take a look at this page (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...linetoday.php?) a lot to get a feel for how many members who visited the past 24 hours are paid members. It gives me a good "seat of the pants" view of the ratio of paid members to unpaid members at a glance.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Helenthereef
Yeah, that makes the point very succinctly....

Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 AM   #7
shlages
I'm gonna try to get my gf to sign up & i'll pay for her membership,if thats ok. or would it have to be a different cc or ip address?thanx in advance for answering my (stupid) questions...

Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #8
DAND
Make yourself a note Rich that I will be upgrading to the Benefactor level membership (going for the gold!!!) on 1/20 when my current membership expires.

On another note, have you put any thought to the sticker idea I had suggested in a previous thread?

Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
snowgyre
Can I make a request of Webslave, please? It took me about 10 minutes to find out how to upgrade accounts and I consider myself a fairly computer and internet saavy person. Could we make a bigger button, perhaps as a temporary banner as you have for the pending python ban, to let more people know about the BOI's precarious future and encourage people to sign up?

Before anyone waves the finger at me for not contributing, I am on a shoestring budget (I'm a graduate student and already spend over $200/yr on dues to scientific organizations such as the National Wildlife Society) and had to choose between a Fauna membership and USARK. Considering the national python ban that is being contemplated, I felt my membership at USARK would make a greater difference at this time.

However, I do believe that perhaps one of the reasons we aren't seeing as many contributing memberships is that it's not a very easy link to find. Also, many people use this site for the classifieds. Perhaps if we put a temporary sticky in each of the heavily traveled classifieds section about the BOI's future or, perhaps, even send out a mass email to all members that we may see a lot more response than calling for action within the BOI itself.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
However, I do believe that perhaps one of the reasons we aren't seeing as many contributing memberships is that it's not a very easy link to find..
Contributing members, and there are several on this thread alone, have coin icons under their name. Clicking on those coins brings up the membership process.

Easy, huh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!